VSTs in Reason.... Finally

southern

Romelle
Well I guess the wait is over. Next to just being able to record audio, this was always one of the most requested features.

It's about time propellerhead added this shit.
It was really agitating having to rewire or use emi/loopbacking with an interface.

Thought this was a joke when I first heard this being a Reason user since 2.0, almost brought me to tears............I maybe running my mastering/post production work through it now but we'll see........................

Oh my many many years to get to this. I still remember when version one came out and I was using cubase 3.7. I had to rewire reason and basically use it as a vst. What a pain in the but that was. WORK - NOT WORK - WORK LOL! This is by far the sweetest upgrade yet.

yea but only when you use reason as a standalone. When you rewire Reason {I'm rewiring with Studio One} into another DAW the VSTs don't populate. Only when opening Reason on it's own. Somebody please tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reason first official midi out module for all plugin types is called the emi module. [Version 7+]
Reason 9.5 got vst format, but with exclusive cv connectors.

Reason vsts are disabled in rewire if it is opened after another program.

Last Year, I dedicated my 'music season' to train on Digital Performer while I only had used Reason since Reason 5. The reason for that was to enjoy the instruments in Komplete. But ultimately, I had nearly dropped DP although it's a great soft, because it was too long to load and too unstable. I came back to Reason: Using DP to record the tracks I wanted and bouncing to Audio to get them in Reason (Forget Rewire, too unstable).
So imagine the dance I did when I learned about VST's in Reason lol!
Now I tried it with Komplete and Studio Drummer. Works like a charm!
I wonder how it will work out with Massive though. Gonna check it out very soon!

Back