Zebra vs Sytrus vs FM8 vs Others: Your Favorite Software Synthesizer?

Which software synthesizer is your favorite?

• Absynth

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Atmosphere

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Cameleon

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Dimension Pro

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • FM8

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • Massive

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • Pro-53

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Rapture

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Reaktor

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Rhino

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superwave

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Sytrus

Votes: 34 13.4%
  • Toxic

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Wusikstation

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Xphraze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Z3TA+

Votes: 27 10.7%
  • Zebra

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 54 21.3%

• Total voters
C

cinematography

I've seen a couple threads about this, but not any polls, so I thought it would be a good idea to start one.

Which software synthesizer is your favorite?
- Which is the easiest?
- Which can create the most sounds?
- Which has the best sound quality?

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for either oddity or imposcar, it's a toss up for me between these two.

I never heard of those. I'll look them up. And I forgot to give my pick. I choose FM8. After a lot of research, reading, and testing, I've falling in love with FM8. Its so straight forward, easy, and the sound is excellent.

My favorite so far is Atmosphere. It's a DREAM (no pun intended).

Peace good topic. Out of all of those I chose Atmosphere. It's to hot, I mean the scapes in it is amazing. You can make movie type scapes with this thing if you know how to do it and know what you are doing. It's real crazy. I have a cool list of what I use and really don't need anything else.

1. Atmosphere
2. Xpand (free with Protools purchase hot_)
3. Hybrid - Protools synth hot hot hot !!!
4. Velvet Electric Piano - Protools piano hot hot hot!!!
5. Real Guitar by Best Service Hot !!!
6. Arturian Moog V
7. Sample Tank, need I say more?
8. Sonik Synth, this baby holds over 5,000 sounds, you don't even have hardwaer that hold that many sounds, and the sould quality is amazing, imagine using that combined with Atmosphere.
9. Philharmonik, Oh my Gawd!!! Listen if you need a complete orchestra and don't want to spend thousands of dollars, get this. It even has the sections panned for you like that of a real orchestra.
10. Kompakt
11. Intakt

i havent used all of those.. but more than half ive used... Zebra 2 is real nice...

MintyFreshBeats said:
I like RealGuitar but I still have trouble getting authentic sounds...I need to work on it more :p

I think it's the most realistic vsti, and I play the guitar. the key is using the C1 and D1 buttons to strum the chords with a down or up stroke.

me personally i love the korg legacy collection and the Ravity, and as they were saying about realguitar i love that ish.. but i just recently got ewqlra, and ewql collosus and they have some huge libraries, if you like high quality sounds and a s*** of instruments check out the east west collection but its not like buying a realguitar or a pro-53, this is some pretty high dollar stuff..

Question to everyone: Do you prefer software synthesizers that are flexible enough to create a lot of sounds from scratch with, or do you prefer software synthesizers that work more like samplers and come with big sound libraries?

Good thread. I'm partial to Zebra 2 yet it wasn't used in any of the songs on my page (below).

Last edited:
z3ta+ is probably still my favorite. After all these years, I am glad computers are finally able to handle it. LOL

Still holds up against all others.

I like usin sytrus myself only cuz i havent really touched n e thing else. In my "Officially Shufflin Dollars" beat I used sytrus. that one kinda made me proud (haha) cuz it showed me that I CAN play a little on the keys...just gotta work on it more.

philly86_187 said:
I like usin sytrus myself only cuz i havent really touched n e thing else. In my "Officially Shufflin Dollars" beat I used sytrus. that one kinda made me proud (haha) cuz it showed me that I CAN play a little on the keys...just gotta work on it more.
That's one of the same reasons why i picked Sytrus, and because it sounds real good, has anyone heard electric guitars made with it? I have to find this one guys site, he made some sounds for sytrus that was crazy..

It would actually only make sense to pick up your favorite, if you knew (used) all plugins listed. Can't vote because I've only messed with a few of the list, and voting for one of those would completelly dismiss the others I don't know (which I theoretically could even like more than the ones I do, once tested)

Last edited:
Sytrus is no joke.Just because it comes in FL some people
overlook it .It is top notch.But my favorite ones are Sylengh,
z3ta+, Zebra 2 and Pentagon I which I forgot how good it
was.I would put up Pentagon up against anything.
Fat sound and a nice bit.I have not been using for awhile
because I starting using others.

Last edited by a moderator:
minimoog v is doing it for me at the moment.

learning to program the arp 2600 v as well.

i used zebra 2 a lot about six months ago. its got beast like capabilities, but the the sound can be a bit tinny.

Back