Why do hip-hop drum kits sound so sh**

Someone made a thread about Boi1da or whatever his name the dude that made beats for Drake or something but it's full of drum and sounds that he used on popular songs he produced...Boi1da uploaded it on a blog or something. They sound good. Never used them but I went through them. Do a search. I ain't searching for you, got dammit!

Last edited:
Someone made a thread about Boi1da or whatever his name the dude that made beats for Drake or something but it's full of drum and sounds that he used on popular songs he produced...Boi1da uploaded it on a blog or something. They sound good. Never used them but I went through them. Do a search. I ain't searching for you, got dammit!

its in the free drum kits thread.

Yea This drum kit called traumah drums just google it, it should be the first or second listing... but all of the drums sounds are full... he sells them and gives out free ones but the ones with the price tags are well worth it.

I try to fill this gap in the market by releasing the only drums that i would actually use.....and my standards are pretty high. check the link in the signature

Mike Kalombo's drums aren't good in general, even the ones he has in his videos. But yeah I'm also looking for good drum sounds, I find myself always layering at least 4 drum sounds and equalizing a lot to get what I want. (possibly a good thing?)

I started BANGNSLAP.COM because the sounds that people sell are sh**

In my opinion people are lazy, lack knowledge, and lack creativity

A few Grammy Award winning superproducers have said I make the best kits on the web. My aim was always to be best.

I started BANGNSLAP.COM because the sounds that people sell are sh**

In my opinion people are lazy, lack knowledge, and lack creativity

A few Grammy Award winning superproducers have said I make the best kits on the web. My aim was always to be best.
o god, SMH...

The drums on your site are exactly the crap there talking about on this thread. and stop lying no Grammy award winning producer said nothing about you!

Sorry man don't mean to knock your hustle but its the truth and you know it. I guarantee you every single kit on your site is just sounds jacked from other kits, low quality, chopped mp3s, recycled sounds.

You may sell a few kits from new beat makers who don't know any better but thats it.

IM NOT TRYNa knock dude either but imma tell you now...everything the guy right above me said is TRUE. these drums are the same sound quality as whats in all these other free kits you can download Don't be fooled by bandnslap saying he's a grammy award winning superproducer.

There are soo many 1000ands of drum kits out there. This CAN´t be a serious problem.
It´s an whole world out there of literary millions of single drum samples! And then you can stack and tweak them.

Back