What's a good orchestra vst?

akareem27

I tried edirol and it doesn't sound good imo.I have hypersonic but looking for something a lil different.Thanks.

Try Halion String Edition, I haven't heard better Spiccato and Tremolo sounds... Philamonics is also great.

akareem27 said:
I tried edirol and it doesn't sound good imo.I have hypersonic but looking for something a lil different.Thanks.

Peace,
If you want a tight Orchestra with realism, get the Miroslav Philharmonik by Ik Multimedia. They have every sound from Pianos, Timpani, Violin (24 string Violin) , solo violin, Obe, Bass, spicato, Violas, clarinet, all the Orchestral drums etc. They even pan some of the strings for you so if you have a track with 3 types of strings one set will go up the middle and the others are panned for you so you won't have to do it. It's in 256 polyphony, that means the sound quality is so high it sounds like CD mastered. You will never go wrong and you don't even have to tweak that much. Plus it don't cause that much.
I have it and run mines through TL-Space and it's a wrap!

Here' s a track I did with a mixture of Philharmonik and Triton strings, the first track, let me know what you think. It's not even fully mixed yet.

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc44

:cheers:

How does IK Multimedia's Miroslav Philharmonik compare to East West Symphonic Orchestra? If you know.

Anyone tried Vienna Symphonic Orchestra?

Chess King said:
How does IK Multimedia's Miroslav Philharmonik compare to East West Symphonic Orchestra? If you know.

Anyone tried Vienna Symphonic Orchestra?

Peace Chess King.
Yes I have heard Vienna strings and EWS. they are excellent. But, so are the Philharmonik. Viennea prices are to much, when you can get PHilharmonik and be satisfied. I have Garritan too, they are nice, I use them when i want a differnt engine to run with Philharmonik. Over all, I don't need Vienna nor EWS software.

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc44 <---listen to the first track strings done with PHilharmonik and

Triton mixed. tell me if I need Vienna

Last edited:
I like Edirol HQ orch. I know professional people that use it to make tracks that are on the radio. I think that HALion, EWQL sound better but Edirol still sounds good.

Don't forget about Xpand!. It's great sounding and so is the strings that come with Logic.

I have learned that the best sounding strings need the most work to make them sound the best. Edirol and SampleTank sounds good default while EWQL you have to add reverb and tweak them out. The strings in Logic have aftertouch.

Gutty502 said:
sampletanks not bad if you layer your sounds

wweeeeeelllll Gutty I wouldn't say SampleTank is best for Orchestral sounds. I have Sampletank, don't get me wrong I love it, but it's not for Orchestral sounds or to do a Orchestral scene. if it was I wouldn't have bought Philharmonik. Miroslav Philharminok Orchestra is specifically made for Orchestral, Live Orchestral sounds . It deals with real live Orchestra set up etc. The Clarity of Phil, is better than Sampletank. Sample Tank is good for RnB, Urban/Pop Music, Reggae. It may have some Orchestral sounds in it but it's not really set up like Phil. Phil concentrates directly on Orchestra sounds only.

Aight nice, track sounds nice too. I'm gonna check out this Philharmonik, see how it compares to the rest of the **** I got.

Chess King said:
Aight nice, track sounds nice too. I'm gonna check out this Philharmonik, see how it compares to the rest of the **** I got.

Thanks, yes do that, if you don't want to pay 3,339 for Vienna i suggest you go Phil lol hahahaaaa

Chess King said:
Damn, didn't know it was that expensive.

LOL hahahahahaha Yeah and thats for the COMPLETE SET! the individual boxes like brass cost over 600 dollars lol dudes is running around telling people to get that and know dang on well they can't afford that lol dudes is not doing their home work lol

hwg6c1.jpg

I have both Edirol Orchestral & HaLion Symphonic. Symphonic has the best spiccato and tremolo sounds I've heard, however I would otherwise say that Edirol is better. It's also got keyboard sounds, which are as much of a necessity as your own headphones if you ask me. I was stunned to find that HaLion didn't have a single piano sound. A friend of mine who now writes film music said that the Vienna set is one of the best on the market. However, if you want to go real hard-core, then buy the instruments separately - ie. not in a pack. This can be very pricey, but allows you to get the most out of ALL instruments, whereas packs are usually good with one instrumental family, and bad with others. For example Edirol is good with wind instruments (with a little tweaking), but bad with brass, and strings are kinda in the middle. Buying the instruments separately may be tough on the wallet, but at least you get to choose the best of every instrument.

Back