What Are You Using For Freeware?

I use the variety of sound plugins a lot, they sound as good as a lot of expensive VSTs, if not better!

Also the Molot compressor is pretty cool, and that same guy has a really good limiter for free as well.

Klanghelm makes really awesome plugs that are under 30 euro and have some free versions too.

Free VSTis that are really good.. hmm dunno. They're usually only good at one thing..if you're lucky. You might get some half decent synthesizers as that's not that hard to build.

Check out kvraudio.com that's always a good place to start for anything vst related.

The best cheap option I can think of is to look for an old copy of Reaktor 5. I've seen them on eBay for 50 dollar. It's a ridiculous good deal at that price. You can get complex and build your own synthesizers and effects with it. But it comes with a pretty big range of pre-made 'ensembles' which you can use like any VST or VSTi in your DAW. There's an even bigger user library of ensembles you can download, for free. So while Reaktor isn't free, through it you get access to a lot of free stuff. And a lot of it is very good. Synths, samplers, sequencers, effects.. it's all there.

The downside is that it can get heavy on the CPU and on beginners. It is a bit more involved than loading up an instance of massive and picking a preset. But not much more. Loading up ensembles is as straightforward as it gets. And you miss some of the cool features introduced in 6, but you can always wait out a sale and get a cheap upgrade later on. By far my favorite part of Komplete.

For freeware, all plugins that are free by well-known manufacturers. Usually there are only few or less for each maker but they are worth trying.

Not sure anyone actually answered your question and I don't have any offhand either lol....but I hear a lot of the plugins that come with DAWs are highly underrated ("free" in the sense that you don't pay extra for them).

If you mean freeware synths I suggest Synth1, it's free, less than 1 mb and has it's own fanbase so you can find lots of libraries for free. It's the first synth I used when I started. It's a very basic VST but doesn't sound that bad at all. Also check U-he website, they have a couple freebies wich aren't bad either. The effects listed by localspace are very good, Melda productions also offers a free bundle that's worth giving a look to.

If you mean freeware synths I suggest Synth1, it's free, less than 1 mb and has it's own fanbase so you can find lots of libraries for free. It's the first synth I used when I started. It's a very basic VST but doesn't sound that bad at all. Also check U-he website, they have a couple freebies wich aren't bad either. The effects listed by localspace are very good, Melda productions also offers a free bundle that's worth giving a look to.

Indeed, working with Synth1 too. I've got thousands of presets that I once downloaded somewhere.

Great question! I discovered that many of the freeware you find is great depending on your creative use for it.

Just use a virus protector and you should be ok.

Visit my homepage!

Back