L

Lord_DUB

Here is my stuff.

Sylenth1
Synthmaster 2
Rapture
Dimension pro
Zeta=2

I like Sylenth1 for House and trance and other stuff too. I really feel it excels totally at House and tarnce. but on the other hand I feel it's goodf for other EDM too. Next would be Dubstep and Electro. But Id on't feel it's really quite there for tthem either.

NExt is Synthmaster 2. I really feel it CAN excel with enough hard work at virtually anything!!! It has this nice elegant trance like sound subtle and sweet. Its house might not be there but check out it's demo sounds? maybe at their website. I think this baby rocks at electro and dubstep. I havent tried it though. But it excels well at that silky sweet sound and gets super super rough too if you finesse the knobs right.
I also feel its good at some quality rock n roll type stuff too. Something quality. IS what I would say this synth is butt he GUI is hard to work with sometimes unless your into math kinda sortsa thing. It all one color basically typical jkinda thing, But it looks nice. A little hard on thee ol eyes.

Rapture and Zeta=2 dimesnion Proa ll by cakewalk / Roland. Phenomanal synths excluding Dimension Pro. SO i would say Rapture excels well at that Tiesto sound and heavy metal synthesuizeer stuff too. AS well as Zeta 2 but Zeta 2 is killer at that pop sound. SOund silver.

These synths basically look liek they sound excdlugindg that Dimension Pro sounds a tad bit cheap. but man it has a jkiller sound library for so cheap.

Try pluginboutique.com on weekends for killer deals sometimes! especially during or after easter, You will be surpirsed what you can find those cake walks synths for so cheap! thse days!

PS>>

RApture thee bomb for dubstep/ Super heavy and gritty. Zeta 2 is pretty creamy and silvery though and can get gritty too ofcourse but with more work.

I would say I summed up my synths.

I also Enjoy Autotune efx 2 and Mic Mod. sic shit.
The la2a and 3a is incedible for that master track giving it that sheen shine y in the 3a
Waves.com is perty quality but idunno./ I just feel i need experment more with it. maybe ready for a bigger project but the CLA 2 ad3 is super sic sht too! the stuff blows away the stuff mani/

Audiffix is something i could really try but i love Waves GTR 3 right now.

Audfifex demo i heard on web is sic and shoot though u know. sounds modern and young.

Last edited:
Reason 5, and 8/studio one v2 on the daw side. Reason 8 might replace 5 entirely.

Mostly built in plugins and AAS guitar synthesizer when I get tired of flute mangling in reason.
Zebralette for creating wavetables. I wish reason had a wavetable maker like the waldorf or zebra though.
Kontakt's another built in plug I like too from s1.

I only use free vsti's. Dune BE, TyrellN, Zebralette. All are great sounding synths. For sample manipulation I use hourglass (standalone). For modular synthesis I use various programing language like pure data, chuck and supercollider. These days you can do almost everything using freeware. The only software I bought so far is reaper.

I have Massive, Sylenth1, Synthmaster 2.16 or sumn, Xpand!2, and ACE.

Haven't used Massive much but by the amount of layers I hear in some presets, it sounds really powerful.

I've used Sylenth1 a little but haven't put out a track using it yet. Like you said, it's more geared towards some EDM stuff and I haven't entered that area yet. (I really want to though.)

I love Synthmaster and it's my go to synth for all my productions since I got it. The basses are really good and it's fairly easy for me to start making my sounds, the only thing holding me back is my lack of knowledge about synthesis.

Xpand!2 is nothing special because it's practically a bunch of sounds that you can't tweak a whole lot but it does have its gems and one of my favorite producers ever uses it surprisingly (Noah '40' Shebib). Good brass instruments.

ACE is a powerhouse because of the fact of the cable concept it has. I've only made a couple beats with it but the sounds I've made with it just from tweaking the presets a little is insane. Also one of the most analog sounding soft synths I've ever used.

Arturia v collection- not for beginners a lot of programming to make these things shine
sylenth1- still my go to for synth sounds
omisphere- needs to be programmed in order to be useful for modern music
new sonic arts - bundle best quick sampler on the market...in love with it
kontakt 5- another great sample player

Back