What is the difference between Rex files and Wav files?? Advice needed thank you

scottiedj

Hi Guy's.

I have brought a load of sample packs to try and help me put together music an understand sampling etc and give me some inspiration with some nicer sounds than my own rubbish lol. Newbie, have learnt my way around FL Studio and no all the basics I need to, just progressing a bit now, still very basic but am getting there.

I have Rex files and wav files in the packs when I brought them.

Would someone be able to explain to me in easy term lol what the Rex files can do for me? I am unsure and reading online I get different things said. What can be done with REX files any benefits?

I would just like to know what I can do and can not do? Does it give me more usability using REX? Als I noticed using Rex you can just make the bpm quicker and it restreches them to that with easy.

Anyway I will leave it to anyone whom is far greater than me producing if you ahve any time to respond here.

Thank you for your time anyone whom responds.

PS Any advice also on manitulating the samples you get in a pack ie chopping up, changing the sound of it to another synth or pad is that possible? Any advice please, not much is it lol

THANK YOU

Back