THANKS
I Have HYPERSONIC 2 , SAMPLETANK 2 , & SONIK SYNTH 2

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm ive been asking the same question
hypersonic 2 has decent strings but they just dont cut it for me
depends really wat kind of strings your looking for
i need short sharp stab type strings really
sampletank has some good releastic sounding strings

eastwest silver is very nice i use it in conjunction with sonik synth 2 and hypersonic 2. also i have some miroslav cds i converted for my sampler that work well.

you should check out peter siedlaczeks strings or miroslav philharmonik they both sound excellent from what i've seen and heard

I use the East West Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Strings and they kick ass, but it needs pretty much ram (I got 3 gigs and still not enough) and time for loading the patches. but once loaded you can play a whole orchestra on it thats sick

a bit cheaper and faster for strings would be edirol orchestra or the halion orchestra

The Vienna Symphonic Library is considered to be among the best there is. It's intended more for orchestral composers rather than pop composers ("pop" covering most mainstream genres here), but it's worth checking out.

The *full* Vienna Orchestral Cube is absolutely the hugest and probably the most expensive package there is, btw...over 800,000 samples, almost 550Gb and a price somewhere around $10K :D

krushing said:
The Vienna Symphonic Library is considered to be among the best there is. It's intended more for orchestral composers rather than pop composers ("pop" covering most mainstream genres here), but it's worth checking out.

The *full* Vienna Orchestral Cube is absolutely the hugest and probably the most expensive package there is, btw...over 800,000 samples, almost 550Gb and a price somewhere around $10K :D

I didn`t want to mention the vienna cause nobody among the "semi-professional" producers can pay such an amount vor only 1 VST and only for the orchestra section

"like H2O says: cause we not billionaires" :cry:

Well, if you know what you need, there's absolutely no need to get the whole set. You could get just the standard orchestral strings package, for example (though they're still not cheap)...

I use the Edirol Orchestral and its pretty hot!!!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

krushing said:
Well, if you know what you need, there's absolutely no need to get the whole set. You could get just the standard orchestral strings package, for example (though they're still not cheap)...

that`s what I`m talking bout

Though there aren't many, the stock strings' sounds I've heard out of Dimension Pro are the best I've heard in the price range and in some of the higher price ranges.

You want short stabbin strings.. Marcato or Staccato.. also go get the Gold Bundle east west Symphonic Orch.

Trusty said:
Though there aren't many, the stock strings' sounds I've heard out of Dimension Pro are the best I've heard in the price range and in some of the higher price ranges.

those dimension strings are really nice. i have the regular edition that comes with project 5 are there more presets in pro?

I'm sorry, but someone needs to put this to rest...The "Scott Storch" string sounds sound like the run of the mill rompler strings found anywhere. He just tweaks them well and composes good music with them...only talent can give you that...not gear.

Linkin Park used a real string section (a Quintet anyway) on the song "Faint" and I thought there was nothing special there that you couldn't achieve from a good patch set...but that was probably due to the arrangement being nothing special...in the mix...sampled strings could've worked just as well.

Komplex, Dim Pro has about twice the amount of patches as Project5 version. More quality.

Last edited:
Trusty said:
I'm sorry, but someone needs to put this to rest...The "Scott Storch" string sounds sound like the run of the mill rompler strings found anywhere. He just tweaks them well and composes good music with them...only talent can give you that...not gear.

Linkin Park used a real string section (a Quintet anyway) on the song "Faint" and I thought there was nothing special there that you couldn't achieve from a good patch set...but that was probably due to the arrangement being nothing special...in the mix...sampled strings could've worked just as well.

Komplex, Dim Pro has about twice the amount of patches as Project5 version. More quality.

i'm looking to upgrade then...

people sleep on dimension its got some great sounds and flexiblity. some of the patches i hate the fact that the soundset is filtered and can't be adjusted but other then that i love it.

peace

Yeah, for the best rompler strings(you want these if you want that "storch sound")Edirol Orchestral is exactly what you want. If you already have Hypersonic 2(I believe you said you did)you've already pretty much got the same sounds. East West Symphonic Orchestra, and VSL are for if you want to compose realistic Orchestral Scores, any random Rompler can do Fat Joe "Lean Back".

Back