VSTs in FLS: One VST, Many Channels Possible?

Will_Bender

In FLS PE 12.X - can one controller and one VST be used to control multiple channels while recording?

Here's what I mean.

Suppose I am working with something like a symphony orchestra (using Garritan), and - to save processing space - I want to use only one instance of the VST.

To get the separate section of the orchestra, using the channel rack - I would setup a channel for woodwinds, a channel for strings, a channel for brass, etc... by cloning one VST and controll, but then assigning them different channels on the in/outs.

I'm not sure if this is possible. I've asked the question before (although not in so much detail), and people has said "no, you need to create another instance of the vst". That is certainly possible, but then why can one vst be set to different channels? Opening more instances of a vst would also seem to take more processing power.

Any thoughts or tutorials on this would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

WB

This seems helpful.

YouTube

Any other input much appreciated. I use a lot of these VST's capable of multichanneling, including Garritan, EZDrummer and Omnisphere, which may differ in approach...

Not sure if it's still the same in FL12 but you used to be able to assign multiple outputs on the plug-in options screen... there is (or was) a cog icon at the top of each VST window.

Back