Virtual MPC

Shnaypster

hi does anyone know of any software i can get...to use as a virtual MPC of some sort dat allows me to configure chops into my keyboard.....would be some ****ing great help...please let me know if you know of anything...!

why don't you try one of the free beat slicers (or you could buy one) chop up the loop, export it to wav (or .rex if your keyboard supports it), and play the chops that way? Or is that not what your looking for.

-M

Thanx...i been trying the free stuff but non of the stuff has an actual mpc like play....im lookin for summin wit those 16 pads that u can assign chops to....like the FL version FPC...i cant use my FL one with my keyboard coz its not legit hence the limitation...so im dying for something similar...even a plugin like the FPC.....im trying loopazoid but it wont piano roll...

I never use loopazoid but I don't see why you can not use it
will your piano roll.You can assign notes and it does not have it's own
sequencer so you should be able to use in a pianoroll

I dowloaded this program awhile ago but never used it. I believe it's supposed to emulate an MPC OS. I think maybe the 2kxl's. But like the others said Battery, Guru, etc, oh and I believe Ultimate Sound Bank came out with something or have something in the works. I think this MPC Emulator I've uploaded was a beta test. It's freeware though.

Shnaypster said:
Thanx...i been trying the free stuff but non of the stuff has an actual mpc like play....im lookin for summin wit those 16 pads that u can assign chops to....like the FL version FPC...i cant use my FL one with my keyboard coz its not legit hence the limitation...so im dying for something similar...even a plugin like the FPC.....im trying loopazoid but it wont piano roll...

1st off try and ante up and get a legit copy.
2nd Now I'm confused. Are you looking for a midi trigger pad? Or are you trying to assign the chops to your keyboard but you want the interface (on the computer) to look like a mpc? Or are you trying to move chops to a workstation keyboard?

In FL, use a Layer channel. Assign any number of samples to different keys and they all will trigger from the midi keyboard or other trigger device on different keys. I just set it up myself to be sure before saying it. I always knew it could be done but I normally use samplers that do this automatically. I'm impressed with FL's layer channel though. Don't get caught up in the visual "16 pads" thing. It's just visual with software. It's just 16 triggers really. With the layer or a VST sampler, you'll be assigning to a virtual keyboard rather than the virtual pads. Same result though. Crack open the manual and wrap your head around layers and you'll be happy to find that what you seek is right under your nose. LOL. FL, the beast.

X-pert said:
So far no program I use emulates an mpc even close.

The Fruity FPC does okay, but...

the real things the real thing

LOL. Of course they don't. One is hardware and the other is software. How can a piece of software do anything more than provide the same features? Now if you're saying that you haven't found a piece of software that can provide the same functions as an MPC, then you're definitely wrong. You could put FL Studio up against any hardware sampler.

X-pert said:
How many industry producers use FL studios??? The must be alot...

Pretty much the same amount that hang around FP and talk nonsense.

Last edited:
FPC + FL Slicer + Edison + the Bottom Sequencer(with the midi notes, Not the top one with the Boxes) = An MPC in a Nutshell.

Once you add Vstis or Rewire Reason, It's an MPC with Keyboards and Synths also.

Last edited:
I'm gonna delete this post. It fell under the wrong post. I was aiming at mr. Xpert, scientific analysis.

Last edited:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
FPC + FL Slicer + Edison + the Bottom Sequencer(with the midi notes, Not the top one with the Boxes) = An MPC in a Nutshell.

Once you add Vstis or Rewire Reason, It's an MPC with Keyboards and Synths also.

FL alone is grossly more capable than any hardware sampler ever built. FPC is just extra that does the same thing that FL already does alone.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
And why is that wrong?

LOL. I was aiming at the dude above you, but our timing is close. Sorry.

Last edited:
Thanx A **** LOADZ...we can close this thread now....jus got GURU..the oridinal dowload site is ****ed up....then i got the serial from mp3proclub...i wonder if thats a legal site...good lookin tho!!!!

X-pert said:
Pt. 1- FL < Hardware, Fl good program for kids

Pt. 2 Only one industry person uses FL, 9th wonder, runs his stuff
through hardcore mixers and tweaks the h3ll out of his sh**
to create that hip hop sound
plz shut the **** up. with my new MPC 1000, i have basically the same features as FL 7 except for the fact that the workflow is different. if FL wasn't so cheap people wouldn't call it a toy. it's a pretty good program. it's not for the kids.

9th wonder isn't the only one who has to run his stuff through mixers and tweak it. mpc producers have do that too. mixing and tweaking won't create that hip hop sound either. it just is done so the beats don't sound like ****.

edit: Shnaypster, if you got the serial for free. that's what people call piracy and it's illegal. you should know that people from the company that made Guru (fxpansion) browse this site. plus you could get banned for posting that.

why not buy the product instead of pirating it?

how was the original download site ****ed up?

Last edited:
I have to agree with bobsmitt, buy your software don't dl it. It's people that pirate music software that make it a pain in the ASS for the rest of us who buy our **** legally. Save up some cash and go purchase the software dude it will make you sleep better for sure.

also Deranged check your Myspace inbox i sent ya something

Last edited:
Cameron Thomas said:
I dowloaded this program awhile ago but never used it. I believe it's supposed to emulate an MPC OS. I think maybe the 2kxl's. But like the others said Battery, Guru, etc, oh and I believe Ultimate Sound Bank came out with something or have something in the works. I think this MPC Emulator I've uploaded was a beta test. It's freeware though.

So is this for Mac or PC?
And me personally, i think that Guru comes pretty damn close; Battery is harder to assin pads and stuff but that's just my opinion.

X-pert said:
Pt. 1- FL < Hardware, Fl good program for kids

Pt. 2 Only one industry person uses FL, 9th wonder, runs his stuff
through hardcore mixers and tweaks the h3ll out of his sh**
to create that hip hop sound

Not knocking for your opinion, however flawed, but you obviously don't know that much about Fl, and sounds as if you are one of those guys who jump on the bandwagon because you think that will make you credible as a producer. You also don't know the first rule of producing- it's not what you use but how well you use it. Simply, stop hating, do you, and if you have a viable opinion then please speak on it, but if not, keep it to yourself, especailly with only nine posts lol.

[edit: Shnaypster, if you got the serial for free. that's what people call piracy and it's illegal. you should know that people from the company that made Guru (fxpansion) browse this site. plus you could get banned for posting that.

why not buy the product instead of pirating it?

how was the original download site ****ed up?[/quote]

I agree with Bob, you're cheating yourself when you use pirated software because you are missing out on updates, criticall d/ls, and tech support that you just can't get from cracked software.

Last edited:
Back