Virtual MPC

PS: One not having any use for a feature does not mean it is unwanted.
The fact developers came up with it mean that there was room for improving, so they did it. One not using it does not mean that adding it ends up in everybody feeling it is useless.

Crack is a "more grossly functioning" inhibitor(is that a good word to describe it?)than alcohol....

That doesn't mean I'm trading in my beer for a crackpipe, lol.

I know this post has nothing to do with anything, I'm just being stupid.

Enndee said:
Buy FL studio and use THE FPC its kinda like the mpc.
Actually it's not. But this issue is been trampled to death already enndee.
Having a pad controller plus FPC plus several MIDI controllers will never be the same as an MPC. Just like exact the opposite: having just an MPC is not the same as having a lot of controllers and software inside a computer.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
I know this post has nothing to do with anything, I'm just being stupid.
You are. :D :P swallowing my last cl of brandy for this week. :) Need my head clear for... whateva

Last edited:
When people claim that hardware is "better" than software, it makes me wonder whether they have actually used both. To the dude who said that hardware samplers are "better" than software samplers, that's a completely subjective statement. I've owned an ASR-10, but a sampler like Kontakt 2 ****s all over it in terms of what you can do to the sound. The most powerful hardware samplers that I've used are ironically ones that not so many people talk about here - Kurzweil K2600RS and E-mu E6400 Ultra. Both samplers can do a lot more to a sample than the ASR-10, which a lot of people think of being as the best sampler for messing up a sample. I think what it comes down to is what people were saying earlier - a lot of "producers" for some reason start talking down on products that they have never used, or have used but haven't got a long with, because it seems to give them some kind of credibility. The people who are actually producing foward thinking music right now are the ones who aren't complaning about how FL or even software are "toys" and "for kids", because they are using that software in addition to the hardware they already know.

truth is, ianscott111, that 99% of people claiming that "hardware" (not knowing that most of nowadays hardware is digital) is superior to software (also digital, just running inside a computer) just parrot what either a) their favorite "produca" uses, b) parrot the stuff the fans of the parroted producaz say, c) I'm out of parrots.

Sqito said:
truth is, ianscott111, that 99% of people claiming that "hardware" (not knowing that most of nowadays hardware is digital) is superior to software (also digital, just running inside a computer) just parrot what either a) their favorite "produca" uses, b) parrot the stuff the fans of the parroted producaz say, c) I'm out of parrots.

I always find it hillarious when mpc users say they like their mpc because of the analog sound.

Cameron Thomas said:
I always find it hillarious when mpc users say they like their mpc because of the analog sound.
Getting offtopic: I KNOW that at some point in the future samples won't get stored like we use to know them [point-by-point]
Once storage is not an issue, samples will be stored as mathematical spline curves between points. And once this happens digital soundcards will get along and be able to represent that stuff without any quality loss. that's the day analog recording really dies... but...how far are we? 2007? I remember a discussion with a friend of mine and we discussed that we already live in the future. at least in the future movies predicted a loooong time ago. :)

PS: should I add I'm a big comic fan? lol? That I'm looking forward to the new transformers movie? the Fantastic4/SilverSurfer... Damn! I live in Europe. have to wait a month till it comes out here

I'm a 30 years old kid. don't blame me

Last edited:
Sqito said:
Getting offtopic: I KNOW that at some point in the future samples won't get stored like we use to know them [point-by-point]
Once storage is not an issue, samples will be stored as mathematical spline curves between points.
Haha future producers then will argue wit their peers saying that Cd's bring that gritty sound to get the timberland sound.

can't wait... to not be part of it... :P
Do not open the can of worms btw.
I'm just warning ya.

Last edited:
X-pert said:
What really makes Hardware better then software is the fact that

"HARDWARE was made for a specific purpose.........SOFTWARE was made to be used on a computer, and A COMPUTER IS NOT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR ANYTHING"

Computers are not good gaming consoles, not good Dvd players, not good music production centers because of the sole purpose that they are just so general....

So buy a video game console, buy a dvd player, buy a MPC because computers are made for a wide variety of reasons, not just for music production like the mpcs are....
Actually...fact software is made for extremely specific purposes(I've never seen anyone load up pro tools to play video games or make photos), if the computer you use to run the software isn't, that's because of your shortcomings, not the software's.

You, my friend have never seen a computer dedicated to video production. The can play 8 different DVDs on 8 different 32 Inch plasmas at 1 time with the ability to switch the audio to a specific movie in 7.1 THX certified sound or take one of those 8 movies on screen and run it thru a projector to a theater screen. Those computers surpass any home DVD player. Alot of them also have VHS, 8mm and other tape format inputs as well. I've never seen a hometheater system come close, but why would it when these systems are what they create the movies on? Heard of "Transformers"? Came out today? Oh sh*t, mister "X-pert", that was made on a computer!!!

Video games are created on computers as well, then encoded to run on consoles. There is no console that can't be emulated to precision on a capable computer. If your games don't play well on your computer, it's because you have a peice of sh*t computer. Not because of the software.

Same goes for music. I'm tired of you guys trying to convince people digital hardware instruments that are the equivalent to a 200mhz-700mhz computer with 64-300mb of sounds can't be "grossly outperformed" by computers on the market today.

It's to the point you guys are either arguing to argue out of stubborness, have no concept of technology, or you're just stupid. No offense.

Last edited:
ianscott111 said:
The most powerful hardware samplers that I've used are ironically ones that not so many people talk about here - Kurzweil K2600RS and E-mu E6400 Ultra.

I love Kurzweil samplers. I wish they'd port the k2600 or even the k2000 software into a vst.

Sqito said:
PS: should I add I'm a big comic fan? lol? That I'm looking forward to the new transformers movie? the Fantastic4/SilverSurfer... Damn! I live in Europe. have to wait a month till it comes out here

I'm a 30 years old kid. don't blame me

Could you PM me with the names of some good UK graphic novels? I'd appreciate it. Or do you just like american superhero comics?

Pure Hype Production said:
You said FL alone is grossly more capable than any hardware sampler ever built.

There is a lot of hardware samplers not just the mpc and yes I have used many of them as well as the MPC. I am trying to determine where you get your info from that you can make those statements. Please dont just say something you heard someone else say.

I never used and mpc. But if you look at it... its basically a small computer. a small computer with a less powerful processor and less ram. FL Studio can do everything that an mpc can do, maybe even better and faster. remember, this is only opinion. Most of my favorite music was created thru the use of samplers but in this day of age, more and more people are gonna be turning to software. Given that most home computers are more powerful than the best samplers out there. Then again, Dr. Dre would kick my ass when it comes to a FL Studio vs. MPC battle.

post #6 from X-pert ladies and gentleman....next thread, this gotta be somebody up here just to start conflict. Or an idiot. Sorry, call it like I see it.

Fellow MPC user.

X-pert said:
The end of the line--

its whatever YOU want to use

BUT

I think its important to realize that a computer is a computer, who wants to make beats on the same machine that they e-mail people, watch you tube videos,

or POST ON FUTURE PRODUCERS.

some of you all are making beats right now while your posting...thats funny...........

The main point I am trying to convey is THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN TOUCH THE MPC, THE MPD AND FL DONT TOUCH IT.......

My production PC doesn't touch the internet. It's only function is production period. If I end up getting a macbook though I'll probably multi-task and get on the net while I make music. Sometimes I work better with some distraction.

so going back to the post... what mpc like software plugins are there available, if any, besides that one DOS one?

FXpansion Guru(From what I've heard, havent actually used it)

But know these for sure. I also own an MPC so I'm not speaking out of inexperience.

FL Studio(FPC + FL Slicer + the bottom sequencer)
Battery ran in a sequencer like SONAR, Cubase, Logic or Pro Tools
Reason's Redrum and NNXT ran alongside Recycle.

Darko said:
Could you PM me with the names of some good UK graphic novels? I'd appreciate it. Or do you just like american superhero comics?
Yeah. I'm actually quite a fan of Marvel/DC/DarkHorse/Image stuff. I read a lot of japanese manga stuff aswell. UK graphic novels... hmmm.. I would need to google those. :D (I have some french comics though ;) )

Last edited:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
FXpansion Guru(From what I've heard, havent actually used it)

But know these for sure. I also own an MPC so I'm not speaking out of inexperience.

FL Studio(FPC + FL Slicer + the bottom sequencer)
Battery ran in a sequencer like SONAR, Cubase, Logic or Pro Tools
Reason's Redrum and NNXT ran alongside Recycle.

yeh i got that guru. that sh!t is hot! i replaced the fpc in fl and now guru has been the main drum tool. I like how you can do everything from inside of guru and how you get to play your patterns in fl by holdin the corresponding note. I've seen what mpc's can do from videos on youtube and from watchin a friend of mine along time ago... before i understood how its done. I think guru comes pretty close since you can also throw in your chopped samples and add fx from within guru. dem... did i say i love guru already? lol.:cheers:

I like Guru as well, but get tired of having to constantly save my pads, do you have th e same problem ?

Back