(video)Dune 2 vst (how good is it)

AveMcree

Dope Boy Music
hey guys Im back again with a quick video walk through on Synapse audios Dune 2.... hopefully one day I will get to own this for myself because its a BEAST.. probably the best VST on the market.. if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment of the video if I didnt answer your question...

Best VST on the market my a**e... it has nothing that every other plugin can't do

hmmmmm here is where your wrong

most vst's do not have 32 osc's if not any of them!!!! the 2nd to closest is Electra X2.. Dune has 32 osc's (3 osc per layer out of 8 layers)

NO VSTS have Midi note file import arpeggios!!! NONE!!!!!! Dune 2 does

NO VST has 8x Unison = up to 520 oscillators per note... DUNE 2 does!!!!

Electra X2 is the only plugin on dunes level of sound design and even dune 2 pushes the limit further and that considering that you even know any about sound design because if you did, you wouldnt of said what you said initially!!

most vst's do not have 32 osc's

3 oscillators x 8 = 24 oscillators. That's pushing it as well: the third oscillator is not really a proper oscillator.

Synthmaster has all these things (32 oscillators, 8 voice unison, arpeggiator MIDI import) and a LOT of other features that dune doesn't- and if I'm honest I'm not even sure synthmaster is the best VST around right now, personally I reckon both zeta 2+ and serum top it.

I'm not sure why you think having millions of oscillators is that great really: if you really need more, you can just duplicate any plugin and get a load more...
Same goes for MIDI import: what's the point importing the MIDI when you can just play it into the VST and get the same results?

3 oscillators x 8 = 24 oscillators. That's pushing it as well: the third oscillator is not really a proper oscillator.

Synthmaster has all these things (32 oscillators, 8 voice unison, arpeggiator MIDI import) and a LOT of other features that dune doesn't- and if I'm honest I'm not even sure synthmaster is the best VST around right now, personally I reckon both zeta 2+ and serum top it.

I'm not sure why you think having millions of oscillators is that great really: if you really need more, you can just duplicate any plugin and get a load more...
Same goes for MIDI import: what's the point importing the MIDI when you can just play it into the VST and get the same results?

well instead of going back and forth with you I will test out this plugin for myself and see what I can design with it

Daws can stack plugins so this shouldn't even be an issue. But if that's not the point, reaktor has as much as a cpu can handle, reason, parsec, zebra, omnisphere[I guess that counts] thor, synthedit Csound and puredata.

Daws can stack plugins so this shouldn't even be an issue. But if that's not the point, reaktor has as much as a cpu can handle, reason, parsec, zebra, omnisphere[I guess that counts] thor, synthedit Csound and puredata.

the point is to be able to have access as many osc as need to make one unique sound... no synth designers wants to waste time opening up a dupicate of the same vst to make one or more changes to a sound especially if your only moding unison voices so that why dune 2 and electra x 2 outshine most of the vsti on the market in that aspect... the 2nd reason is the fact that they arent hard to understand at first look or extremely difficult to mod (route) different parameters.. that respectful has to go to serum, hive, and fabfilter twin in that aspect! however dune 2 and electra x 2 mod matrix are atleast understandable

I just checked out synthmaster and right now Im kind of intrigued by it... however, the GUI isnt very user friendly but Ive seen worse in the plugin world

Back