Unsure what Vst to buy

Nexxion

Hi.
I am wondering what synth vst i should buy next.
I am mainly making trap and hip hop music.

I've seen on following
Komplete 10
Omnisphere
Sylenth1
Synthmaster
Refx Nexus

If i buy Komplete, is it stupid if i dont buy the Ultimate package? It's pretty expensive so if you get good things out of the standard package, i would rather buy that.

I appriciate every answer :)

Just my opinion - if you have the budget, get Komplete (not Ultimate). No matter what kind of music you make, sooner or later you will want Kontakt. One of the most advanced samplers available, in widespread use, all sorts of libraries available. Kontakt alone is $400, and for the additional $100 for Komplete you get Massive, Battery, Reaktor, many other great synths and effects. Wouldn't recommend Ultimate, though - comes with too many libraries you'll probably never use, best to pick and choose. An example of what you can do with Kontakt (and a plug for a good small company) is you know 6 from Hollow Sun - a very detailed sampling of a Juno 6, sounds just like the real thing ('cause it is ;)), and only $29.

All the products you list are of high quality, though.

Last edited:
Out of that whole list, either omnisphere or komplete.
Synthmaster is just a synth and if reason isn't in the equation or a daw with features like it [motu, studio one, cubase, fl studio etc] that wouldn't be a wise choice.

I'd say komplete or garritan/eqwl over em all and soundfonts.

Synthmaster is also the cheapest of the bunch, and goes much further than Sylenth.

That said, I'd still get Komplete.

If you plan on buying another VST after Komplete 10, I highly recommend Sylenth1. Extremely easy to use (both in creating a new sound or tweaking an existing one) and hundreds of sound banks available.

Back