Top plugins for Fl studio 2011 - 2012

CosY

Which 10 plugins (paid or free) are a must have for the best quality productions in 2011 - 2012?

It's a pretty objective subject there isn't a top 10 - Not in any particular order Personal Favs - (Native's) Absynth 5, (Sonic Academy's) ANA , (Native's) Kontakt (Lennar Digital) Sylenth 1, (XLN Audio's) Addictive drums, (Native's) FM8, (QuikQuak) Glass Viper, (Synapse's) Dune, (KVR's) Kairatune, (Tone2) ElectraX, (take a peak at freeloops.com free vst softwares), (reFX) Nexus, (ROB PAPEN) Take a look at his website - Albino 3, (Cakewalk) ZETA +2, KV331 Audio Synthmaster, Try - musicradar.com , I've probably missed about half a dozen out. FabFilters Effects Plugins or even Izotope's stuff are very good too.

my list of best plugins with best presets
1. Refx Nexus v2.2 (legally bought) v2.3.8
2. Sylenth1 v2.2
3. Image-Line Sytrus v2.6.7
4. Tone2 Firebird v1.9
5. U-he Zebra v2.1
6. Tone2 Gladiator v2.2
7. Tone2 Saurus v1.0
8. Tone2 Electrax v1.2
9. Sampletank v2.5 XXL
10. NI Kontakt v5.0.2
11. ReFx Vanguard v1.8
12. Luxonix Ravity S v1.4
13. Luxonix Purity v1.2.5
14. Cakewalk Zeta v2.0

I left Zeta last because of the sucky presets but yet the tweak ability to make them sound really good. Nowadays no one does that lol.
If all those don't satisfy you, idk what to say lol

^^^Not arguing, ginuinely asking, why does Ravity beat out Purity on your chart? I ask because i love the sounds in Purity and it was always pushed as Ravity upgraded with a bigger library. So i figured purity was like "Ravity 2". Never tried Ravity.

honestly i don't use them much but i am more familiar with ravity in my history... my list goes descending in order of usage and quality

Z3ta+ is over rated IMO. I tried it out once its not that nice and carries way too much unnecessary low end frequencies with almost everything.

My Top 5:
5. Albino 3
4. Vanguard
3. MiniMonsta
2. Sylenth1
1. Nexus 2

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I was surprised to see nobody posted Zebra 2 besides one other person. I think it's the most powerful sound designer you can get currently.

I also have to disagree with most of the other posters here, because I thought Nexus was a disaster. You're better off using the stock 3x osc.

Anything by Spectrasonics
Miroslav Philharmonik
Rob Papen's Subboombass
Camel Audio Alchemy, Camelphat, CamelCrusher(free)
Anything by Tone2
RoughRider(free)
Sausage Fattener
Ohmicide

Back