Top 10 VSTS Out now

clflamez

Im looking to buy vst. So far ik i gotta get sylenth, kontakt, massive, serum and omnisphere, but are their any other i should look for?

You don't need any of them... I don't own any of them and I'm pretty happy that I can make all the noises I want. I reckon if I had all those I'd never even use them all

Are you a preset user or a sound designer or both? It makes a big difference what plugins you find useful.

You can never go wrong with Nexus 2 by reFx. Great sounds to use. If you are really serious about composing music, I highly suggest purchasing the actual plug in. Invest in your craft :) Hope this helps!

I honestly don't understand this mentality. Only get what you need. Just because you have the 10 best synths, it does not mean you're going to make great music. I had to uninstall Omnisphere because quite frankly, I was feeling confident with other synths I possessed. Layering really helps ANY sound gain depth, movement, warmth and whatever else. My go to synth till this day is Novation V-Station and Adventus 1.5 - Doesn't matter how old these VST synths are, I'll always have it in my collection cause they do what I like them to do.
Yes, Serum blew my mind and I started using it for Bass. I also like Sylenth1 and Absynth5 because it's so modifiable.
Then I have Dune, Diva, Ace, Z3ta+2 which I tend to use a lot. The Arturia stuff for modular, classic synths like and/or mids & highs, Korg M1 + MS20, Elek7ro, Massive & FM8 NI is awesome, but I skipped on Kontakt, but I might ditch some VST and get ver. 4.
Rob Papen's Predator and Albino are also wonderful. Discovery Pro I use a lot. And you REALLY can't forget G-Force's ImpOSCar & The Oddity. So I never set out for a top 10 or 20 list. When you run into a speed bump, or you just find something new that has a few features you'd really like to have, THEN get it. But don't get something before you even know what's in it.

I used to use omnisphere till I learned reason. I honestly disliked omnisphere from the design to workflow.
But it's still better than nexus though.

Technically the best synths are synthedit, reaktor, puredata, hollyhock etc csound yatta yatta but in this case, zebra, omnisphere,absynth, tyrell zebralette (free version of zebra might be better than massive)

Back