Are there any new "must have" vst's 2017

Kvr audio .com has every vst/re/aax plugin that exists.

The formats that exist for audio production are as follows.
AAX, VST, RE, AU & EXE.

Last edited:
instead of getting a new plugin may i suggest trying to use some you allready have in a way you never had before? try making pads with drum sounds or some random stuff! to many producers think you need 50 different plugins.

I just own 3 instruments (Serum, Nexus and Sylenth) and a handful of effects! this means I need to get the most out of them and I learn new stuff every day! also I spend a lot less :)

Youll still need plugins regardless but you have to know if they even serve a different purpose to begin with otherwise it's just more padding/redundancy.

In vst daws I prefer omnisphere/zebra/nexus/xpand over everything else while I use all of reason's plugins.

Try Sugar Bytes Obscurium. You can create massively complex evolving riffs and patterns with just a press of the key.

Fortunately, alternatives are everywhere. So i doubt about "must have" - some more rare things however may be replaced but at much more costs...
If you dont understand this msg feel free to ask I'll try to explain since I don't understand completely what I wrote too:bigeyes:

No Vst is a must have. It depends on the type of music your doing. I would suggest getting a synth vst to start out with.

Depends on producer. If ya just wanna jam out and not concerned with other formats [RE/EXE/AAX]
Just get some nexus/sylenth/serum and jam out.

If you are interested in anything beyond that...Reaktor/reason/omnisphere/zebra/sytrus/harmor/ etc.

For edm music, should I be getting things like the Nexus-2 and Sylenth1?

I know they are very useful!

If you're hell-bent on having the same presets as everybody else, why not. Not that Sylenth is an ok synth on its own, but it's far from a "must have". Lots of alternatives for basic VAs.

Last edited:
As mentioned stick to the main few VST's that you know. I use Massive, Reveal Sounds Spire and Sylenth1 (sometimes omnisphere for ethnic sounds). My lecturer at university told us to explore with using long reverb's, feedback loops and other effects to create unique sounds. It's quite cool especially for things like ambient and electronica type of music.

I've been messing around with the Waves Codex lately. Some people say Serum is better. I don't have Serum but I like the dynamics of these sounds that Codex has. The best way to describe it, is like, multi-dimensional sound waves. But then again, I'm more into that kind of sound. Only YOU know what your "must haves" are.

It's only just been released this year but VPS avenger is looks absolutely huge for sound design.

Xfer Serum is similar, a bit more established with a bigger fanbase but not sure how well it stacks up against the newcomer.

Massive, Sylenth, Nexus etc are really really old now and I really don't know why people are still buying them new when for the same money you could get a lot better

Massive, Sylenth, Nexus etc are really really old now and I really don't know why people are still buying them new when for the same money you could get a lot better

Tried and tested... Endless amounts of tutorials... Ease of use... Ease to learn...

Any features beyond Massive, Sylenth are simply next gen abstract things not really needed. Although Sylenths matrix is pretty weak if you want to achieve next level sound design you'll soon reach it's limits.

Nexus being a rompler is only as old as the packs they choose to provide. As for being the same as everyone else. Not everyone else buys it so is stuck with the old packs.

They are studio staples and rightfully belong in everyones studio, even if they can buy more complex synths. CPU usage is a big thing too. Not sure how the more complex synths stack up when doing simpler things of Sylenth standard.

Back