Rising & Falling Strings (Like T-Minus & Cardiak)

Villainaire

There's a string sound used by producers like Cardiak & T-Minus, it's like a string note that has the pitch bent really fast. It can be heard on the first track off of The Hunger For More 2, as well as the track "Ambition" by Wale feat. Meek Mill & Rick Ross. What VST/soundfont is that? I know that Cardiak uses Miroslav Philharmonik, but I do not believe that's what it is.

Thanks,
Lando

That's a filter sweep on a pad or whatever. Some sounds have an automatic sweep (I'm guessing he may choose those sounds). Some sounds you can mess with the mod wheel on your keyboard...or set up your mod wheel to the filter on your vst instrument (if it allows you to do it). Or you can add a filter sweep type vst fx on your sounds.

That's a filter sweep on a pad or whatever. Some sounds have an automatic sweep (I'm guessing he may choose those sounds). Some sounds you can mess with the mod wheel on your keyboard...or set up your mod wheel to the filter on your vst instrument (if it allows you to do it). Or you can add a filter sweep type vst fx on your sounds.

Are you sure? I'm talking about the first notes in this song Lloyd Banks - Take 'Em To War ft. Tony Yayo - YouTube and this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma7Q-UuZHh8

I figured it had to do with pitch, or it was within the VST.

???

Last edited:
^^^^oh o.k. I listen to that Ambition song. It can be done using the pitch wheel and perfected with editing the automation of it. Birdman song is more of a "organ roll" like technique. You can use the piano roll and edit it to taste. The trick is in the "reverb" usage.

I'm guessing you use FL so this may help.

Now....some string and brass samples are automatically set to do that because they were recorded live in the studio when they did it with the live instruments. So he might have chosen that particular sound. I'm sure all of the well known strings have what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Are you sure? I'm talking about the first notes in this song and this song
I figured it had to do with pitch, or it was within the VST.

???

Ok in the first one we have an downward glissando (I guess 901 calls it an organ roll) - it is basically achieved by playing a note and using pitch bend down. Some vsts actually have a set of glissando samples that you can access.

In the 2nd one it can either be an upward glissando (pitch bend up) or a written out 32nd note chromatic scale run - this is a common orchestration trick.

In fact some orchestrators will deliberately write it as 8 notes for the 1st violins, 7 notes for the second violins and 9 notes for the violas all in a single beat.

It's in a Kontakt library made by NI called Session Strings. There is an option for "rises or falls". That's all it is.

I'm sure you could get the same sound with any string vst that allows you to use rises or falls.

If you want to see how it sounds check out my PMP and listen to "Watch Me Kill It".

Old thread but I'm sure there are still a lot of users here wondering where to get that sound..
I'm 100% sure is from the nexus2 expansion "dance vol 3". heres the demo:

hxxp : //cdn. refxstatic. com/mp3/nexus/exp_Dance_Vol_3.mp3 (take out the spaces)

I'm selling this expansion and many others as well. If interested pm me.
Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Back