reFX Nexus Problem

DJ Lassy

DJ Lassy
Hello all,

Here's the deal. I had to reinstall reFX nexus and I'm having this weird problem where i can only select presets with the arrows(this takes WAY too long to get to the later presets), but I can't actually click to select a preset say in a different folder category. If I click a preset nothing happens, it just stays on the starting "SAWint". Anyone know why this is happening? Thanks.

Found a solution
I just bought it a few days ago and had a similar problem.

This is so stupid and simple you wont believe it. Its more of a workaround actually.
What I did is this here

1. Click on OPTIONS
2. Click FILE SETTINGS
3. You'll See The Browser Extra Search Folder window, just enter the folder in which you've installed the presets for REFX NEXUS
mine is, for example (C:/Program Files (x86)/Image-Line/FL Studio 10/Plugins/VST)(yeah had all my Nexus presets stuff directly in the VST folder).

4. Open a Nexus Channel, and send the preset to it (as in right click - send to selected channel)

5 Voila.

And yeah I didnt log on for a year at least but after seeing no response on the matter i thought someone might be still looking for this

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo is there any way to fix this without having to use the File Options solution, that's very annoying and time consuming.

i got this problem today.. and i figured out you can select a preset with your mouse and then press numpad 6 and it loads the preset.. thats what im going to use until a better solution.. hope this helps someone :)

I have the same problem, I can't change nexus preset by double click does anyone have a solution. I tried to erase the software, all directories, all registry entry, reboot reinstall and still have the same problem.

Hello all,

Here's the deal. I had to reinstall reFX nexus and I'm having this weird problem where i can only select presets with the arrows(this takes WAY too long to get to the later presets), but I can't actually click to select a preset say in a different folder category. If I click a preset nothing happens, it just stays on the starting "SAWint". Anyone know why this is happening? Thanks.

I was having the same problem. I have no idea why it started happening, but I read the manual, and found that instead of double clicking on a preset (which wasnt working for me) you can instead select the preset and then use the right arrow key to load it.

Let me know if it works for you. I literally signed up to this site just to reply

I was having the same problem. I have no idea why it started happening, but I read the manual, and found that instead of double clicking on a preset (which wasnt working for me) you can instead select the preset and then use the right arrow key to load it.

Let me know if it works for you. I literally signed up to this site just to reply

Thank for the reply, the right arrow key dont work for me (in SONAR) but for no reason the double click started to work again. I cant say what I have done to make it work again but it's working so I'm really happy.

Last edited:
Yeah and I signed up to tell you quit being so insolent towards brethren. He helped us still with this delema reguardless

delete the data.ndb inside nexus content folder or search your pc for data.ndb and delete them. Restart nexus and it should work.

Can anybody help me, this is the error I get. us.PNG i put my Nexus content in the VST folder, and it still doesn't work. Lol. Can anybody be cool enough to help me?Thanks, you're the best. Click the picture in the middle, to get a closer look at the error message.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I had the same problem... until I found out I was using a 32 bit version of nexus on the 64 bit version of fl studio...
Get the 64 bit and see if it helps lol.... and if you do have the 64 bit bruh I'm sorry yo8 just wasted your time reading this...

If you use a plugin a lot, buy it if you can.
You'd be surprised how stable the unaltered versions are. [64bit nexus]

Back