Reaktor Player now supports third party ensembles

localspace

REAKTOR 6.2.0 brings NKS mapping to third-party devices created with the REAKTOR platform, providing carefully planned control-mapping and integration for MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard owners.

Similarly, the update also brings third-party device compatibility to REAKTOR PLAYER. Instruments from Heavyocity, Twisted Tools, Blinksonic, Tim Exile, and Tonsturm now run in REAKTOR PLAYER, making them accessible to a much wider audience.

The update also includes a number of smaller updates and fixes.

This may slip by unnoticed by a lot of people, but it's big news.
Paid Reaktor ensembles have been a thing for a while now, but you always needed the full version of Reaktor to work with them so that limited their exposure to a wider audience.
Which was a shame, because these small companies develop some really awesome virtual instruments... real secret weapon type stuff! Generally a lot less expensive than your typical VST(i) and arguably a lot cooler than yet another virtual synth recreation.

I personally use the twisted tools stuff a lot and it's brilliant. I wasn't aware of Blinksonic before but they're definitely on my radar now.
If you make electronic music, or do any kind of sound design for media... you better start shopping below!

Twisted Tools - Reaktor Ensembles, Sound FX and Sample Packs
Heavyocity Media | Raw Inspiration
BLINKSONICdeg // ENSEMBLES FOR REAKTOR 6
Whoosh | TONSTURM
Tim Exile

Well this is nice. Do the 3rd party ensembles need to be updated to work with RP or do they just work?

Very nice indeed!
I think they need to be updated, the Player works with a separate file format. Twisted Tools is working on it, but the Blinksonic and Heaviocity stuff is already available as far as I can tell.
I wasn't aware of Blinksonic, it's just one dude apparently but it looks and sounds incredibly slick.
The stuff that Twisted Tools makes is fantastic, especially once you start adding your own samples to them, it becomes like an endless source of inspiration.

That's one thing the Player might not let you do.

Back