NI Skanner

its pretty cool. i havnt really dived to much into it. If anyone figures out out to load your own samples let me know

You can drag and drop wave files in the sample display area.

Free instrument. Sounds dirty. I like so far.

yeah...N.I. be KILLIN'

i can't wait until they drop an "official" D.A.W.

at this point, they mine as well...they got EVERYTHING else...

Funny... was just talking about what would happen if NI dropped a DAW in another forum.

Kind of a scary thought if you're a DAW engineer for the competition.

Last edited:
I doubt they will ever go that far. But then again I would not be surprised if more DAW like feature ended up in Maschine.

I doubt they will ever go that far. But then again I would not be surprised if more DAW like feature ended up in Maschine.

Agreed. They could improve on the audio editor... add rewire... already has vst support, include audio in the sequencer. Scary.
One could buy Komplete and literally get everything.. no need for a DAW host. Big potential to take over if they get it right the first time. Id be surprised if they didn't eventually make that move. Just seems logical after vst support in maschine.

I couldn't get it to work?

The e-mail that NI sent me said that Skanner can be used in the newest version of Reaktor...OR THE FREE REAKTOR YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FROM NI's WEBSITE........So, I downloaded the FREE REAKTOR..........install it, load it up, etc. Then when I go to "Add Ensemble" and click on "Skanner".....it tells me that I have selected an invalid file........I don't understand how or why my "Skanner.ens" is an invalid file...

It can only load WAV files if you use the NON-free version. The free version plays presets. It's got some cool sounds, but nothing earth shattering. I wish they'd released a new Kore Player soundpack instead. But hey, it's free.

There isn't a Non-free version that I know of. The version I have was free and I can drop in wave files.

I haven't tried it in Reaktor Player. I have Reaktor 5, that may very well be what he is referring to. Not sure why it would be like that but I'm not installing Player to find out. I'm pretty sure someone on here has it installed and working in Player.

Back