Massive Extremely slow to open/react when I click on the plugin insert.

Yumid

Not sure what happened, it came with my komplete ultimate 10 bundle and every other synth is opening right.

Massive was working fine yesterday morning then out of nowhere whenever I would click on the insert (Pro Tools 11.2.2) to open massive I get the spinning loading wheel and it takes about 30 seconds to open. Then any decisions inside the synth also takes like 30 seconds to respond. Switching from synth screen to browser, etc...It basically just renders it useless.

All I'm really able to do right now is open it, load a preset, then close it. And that whole process takes about 3-4 minutes. Forget about going back into the synth to make patch tweaks, takes way too long.

Has this happened to anyone before? Just came outta nowhere.

what is your ram usage prior to opening massive? and after? - sounds like your os is paging parts of protools out so that it can access massive and paging massive out at every opportunity

so

OS?

total Ram installed

Ram used by protools before and after accessing massive?

Problem randomly fixed itself, no idea why. I seem to get lucky like that. RAM shouldn't have been an issue I have 16gb installed and it was a fresh PT session with nothing else running.

OSx 10.9.5. If it happens again ill check for the same right away.

Around the same time my internet explorer was also really glitching and sometimes videos would freeze..sound close enough to diagnose a problem with the computer? Everythings fine now though, i downloaded firefox and started using that and everything got better after that. Now I'm back on safari and every things normal. I dunno wtf is going on but right now I'm 100% haha. Until my luck runs out and something randomly stops working again.

Last edited:
sounds very much like viral or pup (potentially unwanted program one of those babies that gets installed when you install other, wanted, software) behaviour - do a full scan

macs get viruses: always have, always will - I am talking from close personal experience with macs from os 5 onwards

the epithet that macs don't get viruses is based on the fact that it was not being hit with the viruses targeted at dos and windoze - now that the underlying os is essentially un*x and very similar to both linux and windows since windows nt, viruses can target all three systems if the appropriate security and anti-viral measures are not in place

oh yah I never did believe macs dont get virus' I forgot people even said that. I figured it was malware or something not to serious.

What would you use to do a free scan for mac?

Back