Malstrom similar Vst

J

Johnni Canzoneri

Hi people i heard guys on the web put out nice synths from the Malstrom in Reason, but exist a similar Vst synth?

The problem here is that the Malström isn't really granular, nor a wavetable synth - hence the term "graintable", since it combines both. There's also a reason why the Props never allowed user-imported graintables; a big part of what makes this particular synth tick is the amount of work gone into preparing the sounds to be used with it.

You can do great stuff with granular synths and wavetable synths, but I've yet to see anything that brings these too (while leaning pretty heavily on the wavetable side, imho) so nicely together.

If you don't find what you're looking for and really want that synth (it IS nice) you can always rewire it from reason to your host (pretty easy after you learn how).

Ain't nothing like a Malstrom, no sir. ;)

krushing--
Also because of the fact that making your own graintables would just be too damn hard. Those grains are milliseconds long, and there are lots of them.

Heh, I remember one guy suggesting cutting a waveform up in ReCycle, and he got told "you really want to create a REX loop with thousands of slices?" ;)

uNDefineD said:
Ain't nothing like a Malstrom, no sir. ;)

krushing--
Also because of the fact that making your own graintables would just be too damn hard. Those grains are milliseconds long, and there are lots of them.

Yeah, and apparently it's all hand-made stuff.

Back