Lennar Digital Sylenth VSTi

B

BrentP

Got the demo for the Sylenth today just to see what it was like. I noticed they put it on the Neko, so it's got to be dope, right? True, if you're a "preset" kinda person then this is for you. It's got like over 1300 presets and is, in my opinion, the easiest VSTi to tweak, so don't be scared to play around with it. I had the demo for about 10 min. before buying the full version. I give it a 10/10 and a big thanks to the guys a Lennar Digital. Next, I think I'll try the True Pianos. I've attached a screenshot to show the features on the plugin.

I'm not a "preset" person at all, and this was a synth for me :)

I wasn't saying that it was just for people who just want presets. That was meant for all these people who go around looking for VSTi's with good presets instead of tweaking the sound themselves. I was giving props to the nice preset selections and the ease of operation when it comes to making your own sound.

I know. I just find it irresistible not to turn every knob on a synth and see what I can coax out of it, and rarely even touch the preset lists nor can I bear myself to ever use a synth preset in a song. But obviously they're important to a lot of people and if they make good music with 'em - that's the most important thing. I'm by no means a master sound designer myself, but still find it a lot more rewarding to cook my own stuff.

yea i juz got sylenth today.... that s*** is off the chain lol... this is one of the best vst'z ... n it is pretty easy... this vst will have my full attention for a while.. it has sum gr8 soundz

It is. I like how it's got the compressor, phaser, reverb, eq, etc. built in to the LCD screen. I just got iZotope Ozone 4 also for mixing/mastering and it's off the chain.

i always wanted to try ozone 4... but i've mainly been using t-racks deluxe... and honestly the quality on the t-racks is the best that i've come across so far... all my new beats come out super clear!!!

Ozone's clean, but I still gotta mess around with it to get it right. I tried T-RackS 3, but the demo wouldn't download right and I'm not going to blindly buy a program. I haven't mixed none of my songs to "final cut" status yet b/c I was runnin on FL Studio for mixing and I'm still not finished with the studio setup yet, so I have time to play with Ozone and so far it's soundin' nice.

ive used sylenth - its ok nothing blew me away in there. ima preset person though. i dont do much tweaking

i always wanted to try ozone 4... but i've mainly been using t-racks deluxe... and honestly the quality on the t-racks is the best that i've come across so far... all my new beats come out super clear!!!

^^^^5 I must agree with you 100%! I have had sylenth for a minute and it's off the chain. I have that and Omnisphere, a dope combination, I can't lose! Plus I have TRacks 3 also, but now IK put out the single joints of the TR3 and you can bring them up as individuals now instead of the whole rack, that's crazy. I also have Powercore firewire and use it on my Master fader when I am finish with a track and whip out my trusty Master X5 and it takes my whole track, lifts it to radio ready loudness and I am good.

www.myspace.com/rahdanoc44

:cheers:

I played with Sylenth for a little bit but found it overwhelming. I didn't get enough time to give it a chance though.

I got it,its cool It didnt inspire me to make something at the time. Imma spend some time with it this week.

I use omnisphere alot

I like using it but most of the presets don't sound usable unless you tweak them a little which is real easy and then makes you feel like a pro sound designer when you make something nice. There was only 128 presets though on the little choice bar. There's supposed to be about 2000 though isn't there? I thought maybe that was just the first bank and there's loads of banks but i can't find any option to change the bank and find the rest of the sounds. Does anyone know how?

If you want something east to design sounds on though get this. It's easy to use except for my problem and is really user friendly so you won't feel intimidated.

I highly recommend TruePianos. It's amazing sounding and is a pretty small plug compared to other Piano vst's. It sounds plenty good to fool anyone. I'm glad to try this before I dropped the cash on Ivory or something like that and waste all my harddrive space for one instrument.

I highly recommend TruePianos.

I agree with this, I bought TruePianos and regret buying my East West Bosendorfer 290 that I get no support for and it doesn't work properly on my system anyway.

True Pianos does lack in small areas though, I use it for most things though.

Back