iZotope Ozone LAG help/ Pro Tools

seco

Underated Achiever...
Whats good all,

I've been using Pro Tools since earlier this year and I've been having a problem with iZotope Ozone since.

Well when I rewire it with Reason, I sometimes create instruments in Reason and I want to use some of Ozones effects so I either record the Reason track into an AUDIO track into Pro Tools for manipulation or I just keep it midi.

Either way when I go to add an effect from Ozone, say maybe its a drum track, I get the desired effect BUT I get lag from the plugin so the drums start late and are offbeat. I usually have to slide the track forward a few ticks just so it can be in sync. I mean obliviously the track is not visually lined up with everything else in Pro Tools but it has to be moved while I have the plugin active. Then if I bypass Ozone, it throws everything off again, this time the track is playin to early of course because I moved it.

Just wanted to know if I'm doin sumthin wrong, or is this common. I've messed with all the settings in Ozone but can't seem to fix it or I'm over looking something. All the other plugins work great, just this one.

If any one has an alternative to Ozone (same/better features) please let me know!!!!

Well, I'm no expert in pro tools, but the fact of the matter is that all vst effects take time to do... if you want less lag you might be better off with a plugin that has less features (ozone is one of the most cpu intensive plugs I know of, multicompressor, exiter, reverb, eq and whatnot) but if that's not an option, may I suggest bouncing it to wav?

If any one has an alternative to Ozone (same/better features) please let me know!!!!

A paid for copy doesn't have this lag you speak of.

The problem is you need to use PDC
Plugin Delay Compensation
PDC is required when Effects plugins introduce processing delays between their input and output sound OR Instrument plugins are slow to respond to note input.

I know how to use FDC in FL Studio but not Pro Tools

It seems that you can use it in only in Pro Tools HD

Not M-Power or LE

This is a classic case of misinformation from a crack user.

That's why I say the level of useful info has been diluted or dumbed down. This is why crack users are a problem beyond software companies and money. This is why I said this is a philosophical (not moral) issue and about habits.

1) There's no way you would spend your hard earned money on a plug-in and be so quick to dump it for something else at the first sign of a problem you can't figure out in two seconds. So your solution is to download something else.

2) As an instant gratification seeking crack user with no investment in his tools, you are too lazy to read the manual, which covers this quite clearly. Not only that, the manual is an EXCELLENT resource about mixing/mastering and is worth reading even if you don't use their plugs.

3) Another cat chimes in and says "ozone is one of the most cpu intensive plugs I know of.." which either means he hasn't used many other plugs or doesn't know ozone or is pushing a system so old...I ran Ozone on multiple tracks using an old-ass M Audio card with regular ASIO drivers (Direct-X days) with no hitches.

4) to someone who is reading from afar this may sound like The word on Ozone products. Which leads that reader to add his 2 cents to another thread and say I heard Ozone was a CPU hog. Wrong.

5) using the Help and typing in 'latency' leads to several fixes. Don't be another Smoovemode and claim you did all of them and they didn't work or that I'm misunderstanding your problem.

6) and finally Ozone has Latency Delay Compensation built in. By default it is turned off; you have to activate it. that's also in the manual.

7) On the iZotope site under Knowledgebase there is a whole article explaining your other options. See number 5.

Griffin Avid said:
6) and finally Ozone has Latency Delay Compensation built in. By default it is turned off; you have to activate it. that's also in the manual.
You forgot to tell him that this does not work in all hosts

That's in the manual too

Last edited by a moderator:
Touche'.

Hey, you paid good money for a product and are unable to use it. Send them a tech support request. Let me know what they say.
That should settle it.

I know you're not talking to me
I don't need tech support because I know how to use PDC in
FL Studio

No, I didn't mean you. HE should send them a tech support ticket and see what's good. Although I would love to argue with you about something.

I gotta find something we can disagree on. ;)

LMAO.... um, thanks for the help I guess.

Actually though, yall are kinna both wrong. I did though get ozone from a buddy of mine...I was supposed to be trying out the full version because the limited edition that came in the Pro Tools bundle left a lot to be desired, u can only use a few of the built in presets, and I think I can remember the delay bein on that version as well.

Snitch to Izotope if you must...I'll Paypal them the funk-ass $150.

I've LEGALLY been using Reason since 1.0, a gift from my cousin when I was a junior, and work hard to build my studio so don't call me a crack user. I asked if any there or any other programs comparable to Ozone because damn, I wanted to know if there was anything comparable to ozone lmao.

But on another note, now that I know what the problem is, I think this might work, rather than use the time adjuster.

http://www.mellowmuse.com/ATA.html

Guess I better find a way to 'crack' it eh Griffin, that $29 bucks is gonna break me :(

Ouch!
pd_spank_071128_ms.jpg

seco said:
LMAO.... um, thanks for the help I guess. Actually though, yall are kinna both wrong. I did though get ozone from a buddy of mine...I was supposed to be trying out the full version because the limited edition that came in the Pro Tools bundle left a lot to be desired, u can only use a few of the built in presets, and I think I can remember the delay bein on that version as well.

First no said there was no delay in Pro Tools , Just that Pro Tools
HD was the only one that had PDC.
Second don't use the excuse of using warez because you are trying to get a good feel for the plugin. You can get the demo version.

In demo mode, Ozone mutes the output for about 1 second every 40 seconds or so. Other than that all functionality is enabled.

Back