how do i make or convert any song into instrumental???

juan51

yes that is the question how do i make any song into instrumental like take out the vocals??? in FL studio 7?????

You would need a pella to do it.Then use invertion method
in audio editor

breal said:
You would need a pella to do it.Then use invertion method
in audio editor

you have tried it?! prove it and post an example. this doesn't work under real conditions.

Word (to the peeps). The a'capella would have to be *exactly* the same as the record version. Every EQ adjustment, every effect and effect setting, every group, buss, aux - perfect - at the sample-accurate level.

Or it t'aint gonna happen.

This is the year 2007 and no software has been invented yet to separate vocals from an instrumental so it will take time, just wait till the year 2050 i'm sure manufactures will have it by then.

moses said:
you have tried it?! prove it and post an example. this doesn't work under real conditions.

watch

i think this is one of the biggest myths in music production

Actually, there is a software that does this. I can't remember the name but you can buy it at CompUSA for about $200. It is used for Karaoke. I've read the box and it claims you can take the vocals out of your favorite song in order to sing and even record over it. I haven't tried it yet but I was thinking about buying it.

I made a mistake. I'm at CompUSA right now and the program actually costs $29.99. It's called "My Voice-Audio CD Vocal Removal Software." It says this technology is accurate for 80% of audio CDs on the market today. BUT!! there's a catch.(isn't there always one?) it says it can not remove vocals from live recordings and/or very old recordings. This probably defeats the purpose being that this is what most of us would like to remove vocals from in the first place.

ps. It's only for Windows.

OH! And it comes with it's own little microphone included. How cute. Don't expect much for $30.

I don't know what I was thinking about when I said $200.

Last edited by a moderator:
breal said:

i was speaking about REAL conditions. not a prepared setting.

please take whatever dre stuff, get the accapella and try it. it won't work.

the point is that making the time and effort of getting a "pure" and exact accapella to cancel it out should better be invested in getting the instrumental at the first place.

you can basically only use this technique with material you produced yourself. but you'll most probably have the instrumental already in that case.

i'm not saying that phase cancellation doesn't work, i say it's not possible under real conditions

i remember back in 1999 owning a version of Winamp that had an effect that could practically eliminate the background instrumental of an mp3 file so that the vocals were all you heard. It worked on most songs, but not all. You would've loved it.

So it is possible with some sort of software I'm sure. But there should be no reason to do that. Recycling lyrics onto another beat is kind of low-class work if that's all you want to do in your "career" ...

Back