How can I get this BASSLINE? Samples? Synths?

Survivability

I thought my basslines were good, until I heard this.

I'm trying to re-create its presence/squelch. I can't workout whether it's a synth or a live bass or a combo.

Any suggestions would be great!

I'm sure it can be recreated on both for sure. I actually stumbled across a video a while back that's from an online bass tutorial series. Since the music you shared made me think that there's some dope disco house remix out there, I though this video might be suitable.

I don't know the legality behind me embedding the particular video and have been unable to find rules regarding link posting on the forum, but if you go to Youtube and search for "Bass Guitar Tone Effects - Wah Wah, Envelop Filters, Octaves and Bass Synth" you'll find a nine minute video from an online tutorial series that might help.

After listening to Makeba again, it sounds to me like someone is playing a bass guitar on this one and they used a combo of things to achieve that particular sound. It sounds like many of the Bee Gee's basslines or other disco era basslines for instance. This will at least point you in one direction that will help one with understanding of some of the effects that can applied to bass whether it's an instrument or a synth. This could end up leading you into the hardware section of the forum though too.

:)

Back