How can achive this sound?

theamateurs

I know a little bit about sound design, saws, squares, etc. I use a lot of different vsts like sylenth1, nexus, serum, spire, massive, dimension pro, etc but I cant seem to figure out how to achieve this sound or find something similar. I understand theres an ass load of reverb and delay but it's the slow winding synth behind the sample, how do you do it?

And there's also this psychedelic steel guitar kind of sound I've been trying to figure out for ages, it was big during like the pink Floyd era.

any help or a point in the right direction would be dope! thanks!

Attachments

• slow sliding synth.mp3
    705.2 KB · Views: 31
  • psychadelic sound.mp3
    549 KB · Views: 30
You could probably get the first effect by using a medium to heavy reverb with a longish pre-delay time and a highish feedback value. Adding a delay VST would add to the effect. As the pitch rises, the initial transient will repeat and sound like multiple notes ramping up in pitch.

The second one sounds to me like a standard single-oscillator sawtooth waveform, probably with two voices very slightly detuned for fatness, put through a heavyish reverb. The pitch bend wheel is set to go up two semitones and moved up quite slowly over the course of one bar.

Back