Free series and parallel filter vst?

wowfilter

So there is this subtractive/wavetable synth called circle that has an amazing dual filter that allows you to set it in parallel or series. I believe I get how both modes work. To recreate a series with eq's I'd literally add an eq to my effects rack and then just another one after that since I believe most other channel racks operate from top to bottom as well. Parallel though I'm not too sure how to create. To my understanding , a parallel circuit splits your signal in half , each half goes through x effect(s) and the halves come back together to make your final sound. I'm not sure how I'd recreate this with filters. But I'd rather just really get a vst for the job.

Parallel processing doesn't really split the signal in half, but rather just duplicates into a, well, parallel bus. Easy enough to do this by creating an additional track & routing the first track's audio to the the other one as well (making sure the audio gets routed before the fx - otherwise you'll just end up with a serial setup). Then you'd just put filters on both tracks.

Back