Edirol Orchestra vs. ReFX Nexus Dance Orchestra

I think they sound even synthier than the Edirol sounds. They're definitely useable if you're not looking for the most pristine and realistic orchestra sounds, I wouldn't purchase Nexus just for these samples though (assuming that you don't already have it). I'd suggest going for Edirol or EastWest Silver if you want something affordable and realistic though.

Forbidden_Silence said:
I think they sound even synthier than the Edirol sounds. They're definitely useable if you're not looking for the most pristine and realistic orchestra sounds, I wouldn't purchase Nexus just for these samples though (assuming that you don't already have it). I'd suggest going for Edirol or EastWest Silver if you want something affordable and realistic though.

Dont go silver GO GOLD mayn!!!
Why invest in the silver edition collect some more $ and get the gold edition this is the only right program to invest in why go silver and later have to upgrade because your sick of tired of missing the extra stuff in gold version?

I'll see what kind of money I have when I do go to make the purchase. I don't doubt that over the summer I'd likely be able to afford the Gold version, since I'll be working extra. But I also have other purchases that I need to deal with as well.

Forbidden Silence...

i understand what your saying it's expensive if you want the big programs :) i know it's hard work and hard earned money... there should be some funds to musicians/producers/singers/songwriters ...

I second, Gold is more bang for buck. You're looking at like 15gb of realistic orchestral sounds(gold) vs. a dumbed down 4gb version of the same thing(silver). Hell, I wonder what all comes in the platinum edition.

As for the Edirol Orchestral vs. the Nexus, I'd go with Edirol. From the demos it doesn't bring much for it to have that 4gb soundbank. A little too synthy. Reason 3.0's 1.4gb soundbank easily outperforms it. At best, I'd say that this Nexuse reminds me of the sounds in Luxonix Purity aka the Triton vsti. lol.

www.luxonix.com

i got gold edition mad crazy sounds ind this i could not wish for any orchestral okay that's a lie but it's damn hot and i recommend it totally... i use it pretty often when i produce more melodic productions to get a realistic sound... and mix it up with some nice effects :)

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
I second, Gold is more bang for buck. You're looking at like 15gb of realistic orchestral sounds(gold) vs. a dumbed down 4gb version of the same thing(silver). Hell, I wonder what all comes in the platinum edition.

As for the Edirol Orchestral vs. the Nexus, I'd go with Edirol. From the demos it doesn't bring much for it to have that 4gb soundbank. A little too synthy. Reason 3.0's 1.4gb soundbank easily outperforms it. At best, I'd say that this Nexuse reminds me of the sounds in Luxonix Purity aka the Triton vsti. lol.

www.luxonix.com
DanceOrchestra is not even 400mb. Nexus itself comes with 4gb of samples. With all(Dance Orchestra, Dance Vol.1, House Vol.1, Dance Drums, Psytrance, Minimal House, Perpetual Motion) the expansions combined they still don't even make up 2.5 gigs. Just wanted to inform.

www.luxonix.com

normally i agree with you homie but...

having used both purity doesn't compare. the art acoustic reverb that nexus uses is top notch. The presets on nexus are killing purity. Purity is GM junk in my opinion. Its tweakable but everything is so bland and dull.

Nexus has some pretty unique patches. Its geared towards synths but some of the keys are very nice and so are the strings. The expansions are definitely making it a formidable program.

Its not as tweakable as most stuff but if you want to just create and not have to spend time tweaking sounds its nice...Not too expensive either.

I wouldn't buy either orchestral or nexus just for orchestral sounds. Honestly eastwest is a better buy and much more realistic in that situation.

I own the silver edition its under 200 bucks now i believe...Sounds aren't drenched in reverb which is good for more commercial stuff. What i dont like about gold edition compared to the platinum is some of the samples are drenched in reverb and you can't adjust that...Platinum has adjustable mic positions.

Peace

^^^^I will say I haven't used Nexus, just heard demos, so I'm only making assumptions. Being that you vouch for it gives it points in my book, you have a pretty good handle on your music and sounds. But if that's the case, the demos do it no justice.

^^^^I will say I haven't used Nexus, just heard demos, so I'm only making assumptions. Being that you vouch for it gives it points in my book, you have a pretty good handle on your music and sounds. But if that's the case, the demos do it no justice.

thanks man i'll send you some stuff i did with it if you want

its got pretty fat sounds most are drenched with way too much reverb and delay but you can turn it down and they're quite useable. Its the art acoustic reverb plug-in built in which is real high quality...

trancegate and arpeggiator are nice also. It would be great if you could tweak individual waveforms and tune the synths but unfortunately you can't which limits it in that department.

its a preset monster nothing more... for tweaking i like some vsts with actual synthesis involved

Peace

It's more expensive, but if you going to be able to save up, look into Sonic Reality Miroslav Philharmonik. You can get some really good results from that.

ianscott111 said:
It's more expensive, but if you going to be able to save up, look into Sonic Reality Miroslav Philharmonik. You can get some really good results from that.
QFT I use the old CD version converted to SF, better that the others mentioned here IMO. EWQL is ok, kind of soft sounding. Nexus is largely synth sounding. And prosonus ain't bad like DT said. Miroslav offers the highest quality and variety though out of those. Ra has some real big string sounds in it too.

MadScience said:
QFT I use the old CD version converted to SF, better that the others mentioned here IMO. EWQL is ok, kind of soft sounding. Nexus is largely synth sounding. And prosonus ain't bad like DT said. Miroslav offers the highest quality and variety though out of those. Ra has some real big string sounds in it too.

Never used any of those samples except Miroslav. I do know that soundtrack composers used to Miroslav back when it was first released. Back then, you needed to have a bank of samplers - people often had 20+ samplers in their racks - to create a mockup of an orchestra. Miroslav was considered one of the best back then, and even now, the samples sound good. They were well recorded and well performed.

GPO is incredible for $199 . It is used in Hollywood film scores , TV shows , and all types of commercial audio work . You guys should really check out the demos .

Great community with a lot of helpful people (free lessons and such) and Gary Garriton is a very helpful nice man who goes out of his way to help people .

Dont even buy east west Its wack trust me I bought Gold east west a few weeks ago and the sounds are as remarkable like evry1s saying, \so what i did was I brought it back to the shop..

The sounds are quiet Dull and they definitly do not sound like they were recorded in a million dollar concert hall......they have hardly any natural reverb on them or anythin

I got this small orchestra vst yesterday Its called "Garritan Personal Orchestra" and its small but it has some nice orchestra sound.....you dont really need the highest, highest quility sound in hip hop

Last edited:
They let you take a sample lib back ? That is odd ... Guess you got lucky and if you registered it the person who buys it next is fkt .

You do not necessarily want the reverb added . Did you try the different mic positions ? The further back the more "room" sound you should have on your samples . You can get some really good reverbs that have the verb from famous halls/rooms all over the world .

Close mic'ed (dryer) samples will allow you to use with other sample libs and you can add your own reverbs .

Dig what I am saying ?

GPO is Garritan Personal Orchestra - that is what I was suggesting - ha . All of his products are of the highest quality to dollar value out there .

Last edited:
Back