Do I really need Komplete?

E

eliNax93

I know how "noob-ish" this question sounds. That's probably because I am a noob in the production world.
I make music for passion, and I hope to make it a second job later in my life (I'm 23 and a student).
My genre is rock with electronic elements, I play the guitar and keyboard. I am looking for a plugin/VST collection with some synths and samples of "real" instruments (pianos, orchestra, drums and bass guitar, mostly).
My researches point to Komplete or Komplete Ultimate, but it seems like an overkill (a ton of synths that I know I would never use).
Can you suggest any VST collection which would suit my needs?
Thank you

I guess the point of Komplete is that it's great bang for buck - when you start gathering separate sample libraries for a bunch of different things, you probably end up paying about as much anyway (ok, Ultimate is expensive but the regular Komplete is not). Basically it's worth it even if only half of the stuff is relevant to you.

Save $100 on KOMPLETE 10!

If you decide to choose KOMPLETE 10, save $100 and purchase from me for $399. I have already purchased KOMPLETE 10 and will be giving you 1 of my 2 available downloads. Call me at 992-7312 and ask to speak with Sleepy.

If you decide to choose KOMPLETE 10, save $100 and purchase from me for $399. I have already purchased KOMPLETE 10 and will be giving you 1 of my 2 available downloads. Call me at 992-7312 and ask to speak with Sleepy.

This is bullshit, of course - while you indeed can install on two (or three even?) simultaneous computers, you can't use them at the same time. And the license would be in someone else's name, so any time you need support you'll be f*cked. Nor can you sell it on if need be.

The problem is that if you get it, you have no excuse at all to alleviate future Gear Acquisition Syndrome...

Dont do it. :)

Komplete is a bundle.
Of Vsts.
And sample libraries.
And effects.

There are thousands of alternatives.
It's not necessary but it's the most known by a longshot.

Back