Best instruments for FL Studio

davidvaillant

Hi guys,
I am a new producer and I would just like to know what are the best intruments/plug-ins to make melodies on FL Studio.
Thanks!

One that I really like for bass is Basstard by Hawk VST. It's a bass synth really geared towards Psy and Goa styles but I think a large majority of genres could see a benefit to using this in their productions from time to time. It has two oscillators, on board EQ and filter envelope to start, plus its free. The one downside that may not be appreciated is the software is only for Windows.

Another free synth I like playing with is TyrellN6. I am not one who is able to compare as it is supposed to be an emulation to the Roland Juno 60, but you can get it at the Amazona.de website. I find I like using it for pads the most. Something cool is on the download page there is a free patch bank. I feel that the con is that that the GUI may not be as user friendly to newbies unless you have played with hardware before getting a DAW. The great thing is it has support for VST2 64-bit Mac users on OSX as well as VST3 support on Mac and Windows OS.

If your looking for something with a few more out of the box sounds and a little less programming to get started then I think I'd suggest Symptohm PE by Ohm Force. In addition to this one they have some cool plugins. This thing boasts +1200 presets come with the free Performer Edition. I played with it a week or two ago at the kitchen table with my girlfriend. She's not into producing in any way really but she liked alot of the sounds I tried out. You can even throw in your own samples and get down that way should you want. It can be found at the Ohm Force website.

I don't want to claim these are the best but I use the first two on a regular basis and really like them.

In addition I really like GMS from Image-line. In my opinion its super versatile which can be nice. It depends on which Edition of FL Studio you purchased that determines if that one is in demo mode or not.

Last edited:
I also just found a thread but can't post the link yet. I'm sure it'll be a good to keep an eye to build a list of names so you can discover what you like. The title is "Favorite Virtual Instruments" started by Fiery Blazar.

A lot of it can be alien at first, if you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I don't know everything but I'll do my best help!

Back