Arrowhead releases Ghost Noise Drum

ArrowHead

Hello,

Ghost Noise Drum is a drum layering library designed to add texture, stereo width, distortion and depth to your existing drum sounds. What makes this library interesting is that the sound sources are not from drums but taken from a variety of noise sources, vinyl crackle, synthetic and mechanical noise, and found sounds. The source material has then been tone and enveloped shaped to work as a layer for a particular drum type.

Weighing in at 442 samples, 44.1khz 24bit wav format, there is plenty here to play and experiment with. These samples will turn standard drums into something interesting and fresh and also act as an alternative way to add ambience and character.

There are 4 primary folders, Vinyl, Impact, Noise and Misc. Within the first 3 there is a folder for Kick, Snare, Clap, Clsd Hat, Op Hat. The 4th folder Misc, contains, Kick, Snare and Clap, and I'd consider it a bit more experimental and quirky.

This set is designed to sit behind (or around) your main drums, although some of these sounds, especially in the Noise folder can be used as standalone. But their primary function is to enhance what you already have. But of course how you use them is up to you.

I sell my samples through the bandcamp platform. On the product page you will find demos highlighting the libraries capabilities. The first 4 are very basic electronic drum sounds and patterns switching between various sounds within each folder type. The sounds are raw and unprocessed as you will receive them. Hopefully the demo will show how the layers can liven up pretty bog standard and uninspiring beats. (that was on purpose...honest guv)

The last demo is a good friend 'farjedi' letting rip with a quick little 'riddim workout' as he likes to call it. He used my KiK.SNR.HAT library as main drums layered with Ghost Noise Drum, and HOF and an unreleased IR library on reverb duties. This more shows how you can use the library creatively in the context of a fuller production. Another one to come apparently.

The library is for sale for £10. Follow this link..:

Ghost Noise Drum | Arrowhead

Many thanks...
009.gif

Last edited:
Just updated the demos..trimmed the intros and now there is a mellow bit of pink noise between standard and layered drums, breaks it up a bit. Farjedi is dropping another demo later which probably does the library more justice.

Shout out to farjedi for killing another demo with this 'stream of conscience' jam, exploring multiple themes. Surpassed himself yet again.

Main beats are from Kik.Snr.Hat. All beats were layered in one way or another with Ghost Noise Drum. I think his demos show that they can add dynamics and interest to meat and potato drums. Listen to the Low end kick and the layers make the one shot of the Kick have movement and more interest. Finally all reverbs were courtesy of the yet unreleased Source Verb, experimental IR library.

Check the new demo here.. Farjedi GDN Demo 02 | Arrowhead

Cheers

Back