is anyone good with NI's Rounds and kontour?

mguz11

Just wondering because i recently purchased these and have no idea what I'm doing. Lol its quite overwhelming but fun to mess with none the less.

Do you have any prior knowledge of synthesis in general? I haven't used either of these but besides Rounds' funky sequencer, the actual synthesis part(s) in either are pretty basic. Any specific questions of what you're finding confusing?

Well I don't really have any prior knowledge of synthesis at all. I usually just go with presets and tweak those. But I would like to be able to create the sounds that i hear in other songs or just ones I think of. I just feel like all of these vsts are so powerful and they are great. But there is so much to them I get overwhelmed with where to start. I would just like to make some quality sounds myself without relying on presets.

So this is probably more of a 'how do I learn synthesis' thread?
Kontour and rounds probably aren't the best place to start because they're synths designed to be different. Do you have more of a 'workhorse' synth? Something fairly standard and versatile. Maybe one of the synths you get presets from?

So this is probably more of a 'how do I learn synthesis' thread?
Kontour and rounds probably aren't the best place to start because they're synths designed to be different. Do you have more of a 'workhorse' synth? Something fairly standard and versatile. Maybe one of the synths you get presets from?

Lol yeah I guess you could say that. Well I have massive would that be more of a starting point? I have all of komplete 10 so whatever is the easiest to start out with.

Massive might be a good start because there are so many tutorials around about massive. Get youtubing.

I would say Monark is probably the simplest, so you could use that for the very basics of what oscillators, envelopes, filters etc do then go onto massive. Or you could just start with massive, might as well.

right on will do. I just wish i had a guy who would sit in the studio with me and i could describe the sound i wanted lol. takes away from my production process when i end up fiddling with sounds for hours. Guess thats what happens when you aren't Pharrell lol

Last edited:
Back