Aiming for a certain sound with Massive

drunkmonkey5556

I've been experimenting with making synths on Massive and having some fun with it, but haven't quite achieved the sound I'm going for. To describe it, I want a more organic, and less beep-boop electronic sound, something a bit warmer.

I guess my description doesn't quite tell you what I'm going for so I'll put some examples that are closer to it.
It won't let me post a link yet but if you go on soundcloud and search "nvrmore - connection". or any of the wavemob artists.
That warm sub bass is one of them, and then those quicker delayed sounds that almost sound like chimes or bells. I'm not trying to rip anyones style but basically if you listen to this kind of "wave" music as it's called, there are a lot of sounds in there that I've been trying to implement in my own music without much luck yet. Any help would be much appreciated.

And everyone talks about that bass being called "reese bass", which I can kind of hear the resemblance to, but every tutorial i've found on how to make a reese bass ends up being wayyyy harsher and less smooth. At a certain point I get that you just gotta tweak things a lot, but my question is more Massive specific. Anyone who's familiar with Massive have any tricks they want to share?

THANKS

Back