Access Virus C vs Virus Powercore

E

Egopanic

I am thinking about selling my Access Virus C and buy a TC Powercore with the money. Since there is a Virus plugin available for Powercore this step won`t really hurt too much. Or am I wrong? Is the plugin comparable to the real thing? I could only find one opinion about this issue in this forum. I want to be sure before I definitely sell my Virus C! What are the pros and cons?

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems their sound is very close to each other.
I know a wellknown DJ/prodcer (M.I.K.E. aka "Push" aka "Plastic Boy" etc...) who uses the TC Powercore instead now (he did use the hardware Virus before) and he told me their sound is pretty the same.

Just an FYI, I have read that the powercore version is the same as the virus B. I am not sure what benefits you lose between the B and C version but you might want to double check on that before you make a decesion.

allusion said:
Just an FYI, I have read that the powercore version is the same as the virus B. I am not sure what benefits you lose between the B and C version but you might want to double check on that before you make a decesion.

most ppl i know prefer a virus b over a virus c anyway, so ...

Yeah, some friends of mine say that too! I don`t know if it`s true since I have never tried the virus b...

selector waxx said:

Just passing information, as my post read I can not note what the differences are.

Egopanic: not a problem.

yea, I'm buying a virus b or c. Can anyone elaborate as to why ppl like the b better than the c?

yea, I'm buying a virus b or c. Can anyone elaborate as to why ppl like the b better than the c?
This is just a subjective thing... b and c sound the same, as they use exactly the same d/a chip. C has more features of course but the basic sound is the same, nothing improved, just new features added to the C.

Last edited:
This is just a subjective thing... b and c sound the same, as they use exactly the same d/a chip.

Weird reasoning, seeing as you could have a CD player and a synthesizer that could "use exactly the same d/a chip". More to the point though...this thread is more than 12 years old :D

Weird reasoning, seeing as you could have a CD player and a synthesizer that could "use exactly the same d/a chip". More to the point though...this thread is more than 12 years old :D
This is a synthesizer with the same architecture, same everything, not totally different electronic equipments. Same code, same manufacturer and.. this is full digital stuff inside, so it is not analog synths where slight fluctuations in every pieces of the same model are natural.

This is a synthesizer with the same architecture, same everything, not totally different electronic equipments. Same code, same manufacturer and.. this is full digital stuff inside, so it is not analog synths where slight fluctuations in every pieces of the same model are natural.

I know. That's the answer to what was asked - that there is no fundamental difference between the two. You just made it sound like you could have two completely different things that would sound the same because they share the same d/a.

I did not have any assumption like this in my mind.

I didn't think so, but that's how it reads, imo. The thing to keep in mind when writing to forums like these is to understand that the fundamental level of knowledge of different people can be anything :)

Back