Using slicex, need to know how to map each chop to a pad.

nlgpro

I'm pretty new at chopping samples. I've seen many tutorials where someone is using slicex and they have chopped a sample and they are easily switching from on chop to another each and just playing them from their controller. I've managed to to chop a sample now I just wanna be able to play it from my pads on mpk249. Thanks.

When you load a sample in slicex and start adding markers, they should start allocating to each note from C4, (c4 for the first chop, c#4 for the second, d4 for the third and so on). You can also right click on the yellow markers and you will get a map to midi note option where you can assign a different number (Useful if your 16 pads are not sequential notes). Are you finding that some pads trigger and sample and some do not? I used to have this problem, I use an MPD32 so not sure how your controller works but the standard setting on load is not sequential, however when I change my Midi controller preset to "generic" then pad 1 is c4, pad 2 is c#4 and so on. Once I got that figured out it is super easy and speeds up workflow alot.

usin standalone slicex again and likin it, but there are a lot of alts too.
cubase
wavepad
audacity
daw itself
goldwave
beatcleaver
wavosaur
edison
iris

but all that in slicex is solved with tube.

In my opinion, drag the slicex loops to FPC and mark the pads. To me its easiest way to sample and experiment with loops and samples!

two methods. what he said and simply right clicking the step sequencer buttons at the bottom.
Slicex is edison with step buttons as pads.

Back