Using reason???

Sure, probably the best example would be Liam Howlett using Reason to produce Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned.....it was however mastered using Pro Tools.

Sure, probably the best example would be Liam Howlett using Reason to produce Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned.....it was however mastered using Pro Tools.

Or that's how the story's often told. There's quite a lot more to it - including a lot of expensive outboard gear: The Prodigy

Not that professional stuff can't be made in Reason alone, it's just that this particular example is often used as if it was made almost completely ITB, which simply ain't true.

I also came across this list...

...which of course doesn't really mean anything else that those artists have probably said a word or two about Reason at some point. There probably are people that use just Reason, and then there are people who use Reason as a part of their setup. I used to use it pretty much exclusively for years (back from Reason 1.0), but even then used other software to record acoustic instruments and such (because it wasn't possible otherwise). But the point is, nowadays it's perfectly possible to "do it all" (well, maybe not the most technical aspects of mastering) in Reason, if you so choose.

Or that's how the story's often told. There's quite a lot more to it - including a lot of expensive outboard gear: The Prodigy

Not that professional stuff can't be made in Reason alone, it's just that this particular example is often used as if it was made almost completely ITB, which simply ain't true.

I wasn't implying that it was exclusively produced in Reason, hence the mention of Pro Tools.

Back