USB/Midi Keyboard Controller Playing Notes Late

karolinaboy

Im using Sonar X3 Producer.

I made a beat and everything was fine when I created it but, when I closed it and came back to open it my USB/Midi Controller was playing the notes/keys late. I can hit the keys and it plays like 2-3 seconds later.

I don't know if I may have hit a key on my computer by mistake or what. But, I was hoping someone can let me know the problem in case this happen again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

have ASIO installed and properly configured on the x3? he's not well with ASIO to be a software made ​​by steinberg competition.

but it works. exprimenta change the USB port, or see if the BIOS is in section USB at high speed. and of course if your computer Bid shall meet the requirements of the program.

Last edited:
have ASIO installed and properly configured on the x3? he's not well with ASIO to be a software made ​​by steinberg competition.

but it works. exprimenta change the USB port, or see if the BIOS is in section USB at high speed. and of course if your computer Bid shall meet the requirements of the program.

ASIO Drivers are installed. Everything is working fine other than this issue.

And, its not true that Sonar & Steinberg is in competition. The same guy that design Cubase designed Sonar X3.

Where would I find the BIOS?

are distinct businesses Strinberg is unique and is a cakewalk roland are the different companies.
BIOS is setup your computer from your maderbord before starting the operating system you have options depends on the your computer a keystroke that takes you to a panel of hardoware system and it can find ways to increase processing speeds clooks of memories etc and of course the usb ports by manufactures station in 2.0 or 3.0 in the normal way you can switch to high speed.

I wouldn't change anything in BIOS at this point.

Do you have this problem in other projects too or is it just that one?

If it's only that one, nothing you do in BIOS would change that. Check if you got any heavy plugins that introduce a lot of Latency. Try and remove them one by one to see if it can be any of them.

MIDI latency (which is what keys on a keyboard speaking late in software is) is unrelated to ASIO except as it concerns output processing

So what is you current asio buffer set to (i.e. what are the current latency values for input and output processing)???

Changing BIOS settings will not address this problem btw

To extend Wallengard's question/suggestion: is this true for all channels or only one?

i.e. if you change the focus for the keyboard to a different channel do you still have the same problem or a different problem (probably related but we need to eliminate possibilities first before we can deal with probabilities)

if it has problems of latency I call it lack of processing power!

he may have a good computer if it is not well configured is useless to have an i7

I do not need to use asio on my computer !!!

cubase and use with tons of vst'se never had any problems with latency because the manuals hardoware mpc / midi / both does not specify the duty to use asio but the requisites of the computer.

summarizing has the latency with this pc underload more in order to process it all right it can change a lot in the bios

he may have a good computer if it is not well configured is useless to have an i7

cubase and use with tons of vst'se never had any problems with latency because the manuals hardoware mpc / midi / both does not specify the duty to use asio but the requisites of the computer.

summarizing has the latency with this pc underload more in order to process it all right it can change a lot in the bios

I don't have a very powerful computer, and I have done little to optimize it in terms of use with DAW.
I also never have any problem with latency unless I use specific plugins that inevitably introduce latency!

So with all due respect, I have never heard about you having to go into BIOS to change any settings to get rid of latency, especially not when the problem wasn't there earlier.

Now you are producing audio, I am hardware technician and also do some beats in cubase etc but am not proficional in music.

BIOS is programmed by senior programmers hardware is Not Normal teres knowledge it can be a huge source to be able to increase the power of the computer, latency is an underload in some cases, the BIOS has numerous capabilities increase calculations per second these processes , thinks the first pc of the world are well made ​​and accounts of the top today made ​​thousands of different things but the basis is always the same ability to calculate 0 and 1.

One example you have your MIDI connected to a USB port with 1.0 CONFIGURATION very low in normal speed mode.

decerteza can change in bios to 2.0 and high speed.

you have connected your computer to a midi port usb 2.0 high speed mode where you'll have more performance level hardawre ??

in normal mode or high speed?

not to think of the Comm seen a computer with four years can do astounding things

Sure, but he didn't have this problem before! I don't think his BIOS suddenly changed his USB ports to 1.0.

lopes, I am sure that you mean well, but your assertions are baseless

we do not know what the following features of his machine:

CPU
Clock
RAM
Motherboard
OS
Interface
drivers for the interface

without that information anything we say is speculation at best and scaremongering at worst

ASIO is a set of drivers that may or may not be needed by specific hardware

resorting to the BIOS would be (in my opinion as a technician and as a composer) the last resort when all else fails

before this I would run system restore after backing up all critical files, to undo any unknown or unwanted changes

i.e. the problem could have arisen because the op has installed a new piece of software that has also installed some hijacking sw
the problem could be because there is an internal feedback loop in the daw
it could be men on the moon eating green cheese

that is to say, we do not know without much more information and at the moment we are guessing rather than giving solid advice based on real experiences

Now you are producing audio, I am hardware technician and also do some beats in cubase etc but am not proficional in music.

BIOS is programmed by senior programmers hardware is Not Normal teres knowledge it can be a huge source to be able to increase the power of the computer, latency is an underload in some cases, the BIOS has numerous capabilities increase calculations per second these processes , thinks the first pc of the world are well made ​​and accounts of the top today made ​​thousands of different things but the basis is always the same ability to calculate 0 and 1.

One example you have your MIDI connected to a USB port with 1.0 CONFIGURATION very low in normal speed mode.

decerteza can change in bios to 2.0 and high speed.

you have connected your computer to a midi port usb 2.0 high speed mode where you'll have more performance level hardawre ??

in normal mode or high speed?

not to think of the Comm seen a computer with four years can do astounding things

I understand about BIOS and other configuration issues. I am a software engineer in a past life; I have managed medium size networks and handled hardware configuration and repair in the workplace. I am currently studying systems administration (networks and server admin).

This problem does not strike me as a hardware/BIOS issue at its core. Rather it is more likely to be a project setting or a mistyped shortcut key

at OP: Please give us all of the info requested below

CPU
Clock
RAM
Motherboard
OS
Interface
drivers for the interface (version, etc)

Last edited:
Yes we do not know which machine he's using this is true.
but I see not what will be the problem then one daw to run all the computers that are on the market today run on any computer, maybe he used some vst that is not fully compatible with x3 are in conflict and creating an underload processor .

as I said I am not expert in soft ... I'm just an apprentice in love piano music and hit the mpd XD

My daw is cubase and reason and have never seen any latency on all my projects.

not knowing how to help more left the conversation and hope you to fix the problem good luck;)

MIDI latency (which is what keys on a keyboard speaking late in software is) is unrelated to ASIO except as it concerns output processing

So what is you current asio buffer set to (i.e. what are the current latency values for input and output processing)???

Changing BIOS settings will not address this problem btw

To extend Wallengard's question/suggestion: is this true for all channels or only one?

i.e. if you change the focus for the keyboard to a different channel do you still have the same problem or a different problem (probably related but we need to eliminate possibilities first before we can deal with probabilities)

I had a feeling it had nothing to do with the BIOS.

This problem occurred in one project. So, I started a new project and moved all my files there and it was back to normal.

So, after I did that I started working on a completely new beat and it did the same thing. Maybe I hit something by mistake as I made the beat. Maybe a keyboard shortcut was press by mistake because I like to move pretty quick when Im in my zone.

So, what settings in this DAW would change the time keys/notes playing late?

And I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5391

I also have used Cubase & Reason on the same system. I made at least over 500 beats with those two DAW's w/o any problems. But, I wanted to test out Sonar X3 to see how it hold up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have the time to go look up your computers specs - please answer the questions asked

it is not just about your computer

all of the questions that I asked

what is you current asio buffer set to?
CPU?
Clock?
RAM?
Motherboard?
OS?
Interface?
drivers for the interface (version, etc)?

it is not just about your computer

all of the questions that I asked

what is you current asio buffer set to?
CPU?
Clock?
RAM?
Motherboard?
OS?
Interface?
drivers for the interface (version, etc)?

Classic mBox2

ASIO Buffer settings was at 512 but I switched it to 1024 after I heard some ticks. But, I did this way before I had this problem.

Where should I find the info for the clock?

thou hast processor and ram enough to run on x64 x3 but think that so occupies the daw you 4GB of Ram if he metes more vst's or even the reason, the manager opens and repairs as your certainly this cpu up to 60% if you metes eg iZotope ozone 5 glue it in 100% summarizing not take it anymore what will give in latency hardware.
as I specified before that thou a good accurate soft have a well configured computer and have attention to the requisites of each soft ...
x3 by standard sonar uses 2-4 GB of ram etc you maisalguns vst's occupies the ram all the CPU will fetch more memory where?
thinking goes like have 10 cars and a bridge but this bridge so two cars can pass at a time if you spend 5 to what will happen? xD

change your daw for x1 or else for cubase 5;)

translating the above - you do not have enough ram to have many vsts open

however my position is more to do with what could you have possibly done inside sonarx3 to introduce an instant latency problem with your midi keyboard

so, exploring this path, how many vsts do you have open to begin with?

how many vsts do you add to the project?

does this latency issue occur after you add one more vst?

if the answer to the last question is yes then you need to add more ram to your computer - virtual memory (using a hard disk to provide a paging file for memory) will not fix this problem as you would be pushing other parts of the project out to disk to compensate and only exacerbate the problem (make it worse)

short term solution might be to "freeze" your vsts channels that you are not working on to free up more memory

translating the above - you do not have enough ram to have many vsts open

however my position is more to do with what could you have possibly done inside sonarx3 to introduce an instant latency problem with your midi keyboard

so, exploring this path, how many vsts do you have open to begin with?

how many vsts do you add to the project?

does this latency issue occur after you add one more vst?

if the answer to the last question is yes then you need to add more ram to your computer - virtual memory (using a hard disk to provide a paging file for memory) will not fix this problem as you would be pushing other parts of the project out to disk to compensate and only exacerbate the problem (make it worse)

short term solution might be to "freeze" your vsts channels that you are not working on to free up more memory

Im using the vst instruments that came with SX3 and Battery 4.

I only use about 8-10 tracks for the beat.

Back