Urgent Help ! FL Studio exporting problems !

M

mdnbmy

Hey everyone !

When i play the exported song (wave file 320kbps) using itunes , it sounds choppy.
I'm using garritan personal orchestra (vst) ,and the violins sounds choppy as hell
It sounds fine when i play the wave file in fl studio (after exporting) .
i've tried messing around with the buffer size , etc but its still the same.

it seems like it doesn't export with the asio4all driver but the primary sound card driver instead as when i changed the output/input to primary sound card driver instead of asio4all ,
the same choppy sound is there when i play the song(before export) in fl studio.

I'm using the x-fi creative external soundcard..
help needed as i need to submit this song as my portfolio !

Same problem!!!

I was just about to post this same question. The same principles apply to me when exporting music, also some sounds get really lower. For example, the higher frequency get like, smushed down when lower frequencies kick in. Im wondering if its a setting issue, or something within the mix itself. No matter what quality I export it in, its the same thing. Hopefully someone has the solution.

i've tried playing it with VLC and windows , still not working..

A 320kbps wave file?

Its not clear exactly what's happening. Are you exporting a wav? If so it probably isn't 320kbps (if it is it would be like... 8bit or 11.025kHz or something and sound terrible whichever way you listen to it.) If you're exporting a 320k MP3 and you can play the mp3 perfectly in FL then the issue isn't the MP3 conversion.

If you are exporting a wav and importing it into itunes, itunes can be set to convert incoming files automatically I think... so if that conversion is naff, then it will sound naff in itunes. Even more so if itunes is trying to convert mp3 -> mp3. But you said it's happening with VLC too... so thats pressumably not the issue (unless the file you played in VLC is the file from inside iTunes' library folder.)

If you were exporting a massive wav file and trying to play it in itunes or VLC or whatever, and you have a naff soundcard / slow harddrive it might sound gappy as the hardware could struggle to get the data to the speakers in realtime. DAWs often have to have very good caching systems to help get round this.

I think the problem with posts like this is that people just say 'it sounds crackly / choppy / harsh / crap' and its not clear what the hell that means. Those adjectives could be caused by just about any part of the process.

Last edited:
I'd try saving it as a WAV and converting it with another program. I've had this problem before. I'd use Audacity to convert it, it worked for me. If that doesn't work I'll see what else I can come up with.

I had the same problem. What I do now, is export the wave file in standard 44100 to my audio editor-then I convert the file and save it separately-how many bits is your sound card?-good luck.

Back