trying to decide if I should switch from Cubase to Pro Tools?

dksucharda

I purchased digital audio interface that came with cubase and I have used it lightly for a couple of years. Learning it was painful and I am still only able to do some very basic audio recording. Recently, I purchased a Roland DS and have had problems getting it to work with Cubase. I live in a small town and it is very hard if not impossible to network with anyone locally to get help on anything hardware/software related to music recording. Cubase is a European company and finding week long seminars has been difficult to find. With Pro Tools it is a US company and "the industry standard" and there aren't a lot of week long seminars in the US but I have found some. I really think a seminar will help. One, to learn the software, but two, to help learn how a session is managed using a particular DAW.

I know any DAW will work and they all do the same general functions. I know it comes down to workflow. BUT IN MY CASE it also comes down to resources available for learning and making the learning curve as short as possible so I can focus on recording. I am just worried about switching to another DAW and wasting more time that could have been spent learning cubasse better. It just seems resources for learning Cubase is limited. Thanks.

Lastly anyone out there using Juno DS with Cubase. please let me know.

There's plenty of tutorials on the net mate. There's plenty of online courses, free and paid. Fora with loads of info, etc. There's also online courses and seminars.
I use Reason. Shit load of online tutorials online. I'm not even done with the stuff that propellerhead themselves put online. If you walked all of those through, understand them and have practiced them in Reason, your a pro Reason user for sure.
You could maybe conclude cubase ain't your thing. Maybe take a look at some demos on youtube of pro tools, maybe download the demo. Maybe do the same for ableton, reason, fl studio, logic.
I think you should be able to manage with online materials and cubase. Producing with a DAW is not something you just stumble into and be professional in from the first second. I'm at it for years now and still 75% of my 8 bar loops that I end up with are crap :cool: Usually there's something in there that is awesome that I can then use in other tracks. If I take a look at my tracks, the majority of it is not really worth sharing. Only a small portion of it is worthy to let others hear. No problem tbh, I make music cuz I like doing it. I end up mixing tunes and whatnot for hours and hours and I'm completely happy and zen afterwards. I then end up with an 8 bar loop with 15 instruments that I've been live mixing and shit. No recording of it, nothing. Just fun at the moment ;)

Last edited:
Back