Trouble with NI Massive

VictorMurillo

Victor Murillo
Hey there.

I installed the vst Massive some years ago. As you know, Massive is a plugin that consumes a lot of CPU, but these days, my daw is taking around 5 minutes just to open it. Also, while working with my project, it takes a lot of time just to use it. So, is non-viable to use it in my projects.

What can i do?

Peace & Love.

Massive definitely doesn't consume a lot of CPU!

What does your setup look like? i.e. 32/64bit, how much RAM you have, the latest version of the DAW you're using, whether you have an external interface or using ASIO4ALL, latency settings etc

Compared to stock plugins, Massive consumes a bit more CPU, especially if you deal with high polyphony on it, but it's nothing compared to how many other plugins behave.

As asked above, what's your computer specs?
And also, how does other plugins behave compared to Massive? Such as the stock plugins, or other common thirdparty plugins.
And how do you use Massive, do you choke it with polyphony and add vast numbers of unison voices, maybe with long release times as well?
And a very important thing - is the Massive copy or the DAW copy cracked? Wether they are or not is like day and night on how they use your CPU.

Last edited:
I had this problem. make sure that massive is not rebuilding it's database. it has to add all the new sounds before it will run silky smooth again. this happens after you add a new library so just let it sit for a while then see what happens. I usually do clean up and pc maint. on Sundays. but overnight might be the time to add new libs. and let it work.

good luck
Cindy:berzerk:

Back