Transition effects

what effects are you using? but i like to stack effects and automate them so you can get all kinds of crazy results. One i like to use alot is dblue glitch its free.

my bad... I meant sounds. but I need help with effects to. every effect I use sounds to drastic. been trying to use gross beat on fl but seems like it should do more the repeat it on a 4 count like 6 or something and ive ben trying to use the phaser but can quite get the technique down

I see. I don't really use transition sounds but for example if i want to make a transition effect i'll throw on like a delay a reverb and maybe some sort of distortion and then automate it to rise for the last two or four bars and then automate it back out. it's super simple but to the listener it will sound like you did something magical. My philosophy is to make it sound like your doing more than you really are.

I'd rather use Dblue Glitch than Grossbeat, for almost... everything! Tape stop effects, stutter, etc. BUT, you can always rely on delay and reverb for great transition effects, using automation, of course. OR, you just don't use effects at all! It all depends on you, man. For my projects, I do not always use effects for transitions. Sometimes a simple change on the line progression works as well.

Back