Is there a software to make my vocals sound like gospel choir?

Kal X

Anyone know of a vst/effect that can do this? I'm not counting on it but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I want that rich full sound. Chorus effects are ok but obviously sound different than a gospel choir sound.

If not, anyone know of a good sampler that can at the bare minimum give me sound gospel sounding "ooh" sounds?

Thanks

Anyone know of a vst/effect that can do this? I'm not counting on it but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I want that rich full sound. Chorus effects are ok but obviously sound different than a gospel choir sound.

If not, anyone know of a good sampler that can at the bare minimum give me sound gospel sounding "ooh" sounds?

Thanks

Overdubbing your vocals and using a good reverb would probably be the best way.

Omnisphere has great gospel choir sounds. Although it isn't a sampler.

Kontakt has decent choir sounds.

Most DAWS also have a soundfont player and you can download choir soundfonts for free.

gospel choir or any choir sound for that matter comes from many voices singing the same note slightly differently, bending pitch at different rates and so on. It is the same as trying to emulate a good string section - recording the same violin or voice multiple times will not give you the sound of the ensemble/choir.

Some plugins will give you the chorusing needed to emulate a choir, but you would still need multiple voices and at least 1 bass, 1 tenor, 2 altos and 2 sopranos to record the initial sound sources before manipulating them further.....

^ I gotcha. Thanks for all the input guys. I'm gonna check out the Antares products as well as Omnisphere and I'll try experimenting with different vocal recordings. Unfortunately, I don't have access to multiple singers, but maybe once I get big I can afford to hire a choir for my beats ;)

Back