Sylenth1 + FL STUDIO = Note panning problem.

Flowie

All in One
Yeah i cant do it in piano roll. No idea why Sylenth doesnt respond on the note panning parameter. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I've had similar problem except instead of panning....adjusting the velocity of certain notes.

Its like...I'd have a melody written down in the piano roll....and want some notes to be a little more quiet than others... But all the notes are played at the same velocity unless I set the note to 0% VEL... even 1-5% will produce the same sound as a note set to 80% velocity....I am not sure why this is. And my experience isn't even Sylenth related...but I do know what you mean..

You set the pan, yet when played back, it isn't panned....much like what i explained about velocity. If you figure it out, let us know lol

Yeah man, i have the same problem with velocity aswell but in Sonik Synth2.

Damn, anyone figured this out?

Fixing the panning

Yeah i have the problem to nut i got the solution for it to! so listen closly ! here is what you do
1. When adding plugins like predatorm,sylenth and more panning and velocity and note pitch doesn't work directly in the piano roll!
2.to fix the fine note pitch and velocity problem link the plugin to a midi controller! then you're able to controll it more! Exept the volume abit! it somehov just reflect the ''gain volume'' but it lowers it to so you can almost say that it adds a little effect to whatverer you're making especially if it's a hardstyle/hardcore kick or just hard disted sounds,
anyways!
3. to really get controll of the volume and the pan! i add Panomatic in the mixer channel ! so if i make a kick the channels 1.2.3 is only routed to 4(Like a after effekt before it goes to the master)
then i make a keyboardcontroller as a plugin and name it for an example ''kick vol + pan'' and link the panomatic pan and vol to the keyboardcontroller it
4. In the keyboardcontroller i usually link the pan to the note factor and use 10 notes to simulate the panning (c5 to g#5 black + white) so the middlenote between makes the sound unpanned and the highest right pan and the lowest the left panned! and the rest of the notes is just for the further left to right(the location between right and left)
5. I Link the panomatic volume to keyboardcontroller Velocity factor!
6.there you go! now you don't need to make a bunch of automation clips so you have to edit the panning and vol when playing the song! now you can controll the panning and vol to 100% in a single pattern!
7. by the way Make sure that the attack knob on the keyboardcontrollers is down so no delay is added between the panning notes and the velocities!

yeah I was under the impression that those parameters that could be adjusted with the piano roll only worked with native Image Line plugins.

pan.JPG I just ran into this problem. I just went to the step sequencer and created an automation clip for the actual vst pan. and from there set my pan parameters in the playlist (see picture). hope this helps someone

Hello! You can always link the sylenth on mixer, and then pan it there with automation clip. Just right click the panning knob there or on the pattern and create an automation clip

Back