Switching from PC to Mac

dgdollaz

I currently have a pc laptop and will be transitioning to a macbook pro when it arrives around 4/1/13. My current workflow is 1) open studio one, 2) open fl studio as a vsti.

I use fl studio for programming drums and sound effects. I just got my laptop about 2 months ago, but still have quite a few tracks.

I was wondering if I could a) easily switch all my studio one songs over to the mac version and how. (All songs have a mix of midi and wave)

and b) using boot camp, can i still use fl studio as a vsti or au?

so basically continue where i left off from the pc.

why change to the mac - if you will be using bootcamp to use it as a pc??? i.e why pay a higher price and then pay to use software to use it as a cheaper, similarly specd pc

halo effect more than anything I guess - "if someone important/famous uses it, I have to use it"

You should avoid getting the mac and spend the money on a cheaper pc laptop and get some useful software or hardware with the difference

Why even post an unhelpful comment? Why not spend your time being helpful than desperately stating your opinion.
If you had an answer to my issue then i would explain, but if not i have better things to do.

You should be able to open your Studio One files with your new MBP but you'll have to render tracks containing plugins.Basically,if your pc projects are all audio,it shouldn't be a problem and yes you can use Fl Studio via Bootcamp or you might look at Vmare Fusion or Parallels.

I'll ak again - why change to the mac - if you will be using bootcamp to use it as a pc???

Ah ok, so basically if I want to use logic or sudio one in os x, which is the plan, FL studio is out the question.
Thanks for help fellas

Fl Studio Projects- I suggest render all projects in *.wav format with Split Mixer Tracks Option.
Presonus Studio One: Projects Should Run without problem- I don't know what about plugins.
To be sure that you will have no problems. Open project select all midi files and click "ctrl + B"
All midi files will be bounced ito wav file and linked into mixer as audio track.
Midi files will be muted.

FL Studio is incompatible with OSX, so you will need to install Windows on your Mac if you want to work the same way as you do now....but hey look on the bright side, at least you will look trendy to all the Hipsters in the cafe as you click notes into the piano roll.

Back