Suggestions for synth analysis program

Sequence2

I don't even know if I titled this thread right.. but it seems appropriate
A while ago, I remember watching a tutorial video where the host had a VST loaded up w/ a separate program that displayed the chosen waveform selected in his VST. So when the host used a simple Sine wave, the program showed a sine wave. When the host used x2 oscillators, one a sine wave, the other a saw, the program then displayed the new waveform shape created by combining the two waveforms.
I was wondering if anyone knows of any free programs that can facilitate this sort of display interface (Specifically looking for a program compatible with a Mac)

All feedback is appreciated!
Thanks!

Thanks Krushing! Much appreciated

---------- Post added 07-06-2013 at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-28-2013 at 11:09 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Question. I decided against downloading the spectrum analyzer you suggested and decided to stick with the Spectrum unit in Ableton. Based on your use of Ableton, is the Spectrum unit as effective in Synthesis analysis? Or would you suggest I DL the one you mentioned in your post? I am currently reading Welsh's Synthesis Cookbook, and the suggested spectrum analyzer (also included in a CD w/ the book) isn't compatible with my current Mac (the program isn't supported anymore - Fre(a)koscope - VST)

Last edited:
I think oscilloscopes are better for seeing what parameter changes are doing to a waveform whereas spectrum analysers are better for viewing, say, the harmonics. Oszillos mega scope and s(m)exoscope are both free.

Back