Subboombass vs massive

for hip hop sub sound?
Any synth in the world will give you a sub. All subs are a sinewave. Chances are if you're trying to get a nice sub-bass and can't yet, you just don't know how to use the plugins you have.

As a general product, Massive is a lot more popular, and has more sound design features than subboombass. Just having a quick look at subboombass, it doesn't have any particularly special features but I guess it might have some special presets you like. Massive has a lot of expansions available, so if you can't design your own sounds, then you ought to be able to buy some massive presets.

Hey guys, would agree with everyone who has said that given enough time, energy and knowledge you can definitely get most sounds out of both synths. I personally use both synths, and I use 1 out of the 2 in 95% of tracks that I make. I find massive tends to be better for textured sounds, and in particular the mid-low range that is the bass that you hear. I tend to find that subboombass produces a more analog feel that is incredibly deep, it bangs hard and maybe I am being crazy but I never seem to be able to quite replicate the clean and deep sound in massive. I still use massive all the time, not just for bass but for any type of synth, its really versatile which is one of its biggest strengths, but maybe not out and out as good at bass as the SBB. Long story short, get both, you wont regret it :)

Back