Stereo spectrum analyser

Vuijkie

I'm looking for a stereo spectrum analyser. An eq of normal spectrum analyser just analyses the frequencies but I'm specificly looking for a plugin to analyse the wideness of the input signals. It can be free or very expensive and everything in between as long is it is good.

I have Flux Stereo right now but I'm looking for something a bit better then that one, also it does not have to able to tweak the wideness, just analyse it.

Anyone got some tips?

Thanks guys, I'll check out all your suggestions. And maybe wait till black friday end of this month before I decide to buy something ;) I know Waves has sales every now and then.

Thanks guys, I'll check out all your suggestions. And maybe wait till black friday end of this month before I decide to buy something ;) I know Waves has sales every now and then.

They got the silver bundle on sale right now for $156 which comes with PAZ plus a slew of other plugins

Voxengo span is free, which is simply a spectrum analyzer (won't show width but I believe does have a correlation meter for phase issues). Also, voxengo msed is free and is a great m/s processor where you can mute the middle entirely with a single click and REALLY HEAR what's going on at the stereo extremes (always use your ears rather than your eyes when possible).

For visual feedback, there's so many. If you use Logic, the multimeter has a goniometer which shows width.

There's so many paid options... Iizotope, Waves PAZ, I honestly can't remember because the free ones work so well. So I want to save you some money!

Voxengo span is free, which is simply a spectrum analyzer (won't show width but I believe does have a correlation meter for phase issues). Also, voxengo msed is free and is a great m/s processor where you can mute the middle entirely with a single click and REALLY HEAR what's going on at the stereo extremes (always use your ears rather than your eyes when possible).

For visual feedback, there's so many. If you use Logic, the multimeter has a goniometer which shows width.

There's so many paid options... Iizotope, Waves PAZ, I honestly can't remember because the free ones work so well. So I want to save you some money!

Thanks for the tip dude ;)
I actually have span and I love it for making things sound in key and all. The thing is it doesnt show width which I am really looking for. I downloaded a few of the free ones and figured that all together I have a couple of visual analyzers that all show it a little different but gives me more options to compare reference tracks. Works really well so far!

Back