some help with FL Studio CPU overload please

ItsMeLewie

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone could tell me why this may be happening and bare with me as im not the best at explaining things.

i dont have the highest spec of computers but i get by, ive been using plugins such as nexus and serum (i know serum kills the cpu)
but what seems to be happening is. if i make a loop and play it. it plays fine for a while.. but gradually over time it starts to use more and more cpu, thus overloading the cpu and causing the jumpy/glitching sound that makes me want to jump out of my window head first!

i am due to update my pc soon so any recommendations of pcs would also be great but can anybody shed some light on what may be happening here and if i can resolve it?

thanks alot in advance!

NOT DESCRIPTIVE ENOUGH LEMME HELP YA.
Get an interface you'll love those they work with almost every fucking device imaginable and work with adapters and really destroy latency.

RAISE YOUR BUFFERS ON LAPTOPS. BOUNCE YOUR SHIT IN PLACE.
But if you have the time & patience yo ucan build a custombuilt desktop and have low latency at 128 at 25% balanced mode.

If you are not interested in building a machine here is a very GOOD SUGGESTION. https://61000021.r.bat.bing.com/?ld...d-1105704349457&wl12=17811825_0&wl14=&veh=sem

Thanks for your reply bro! Is there any audio interface you would recommend? Preferably USB? Mainly for production but will be doing some vocal recording to! Thanks again!

focusrite, steinberg, native instruments, presonus & RME.
Matters very little what is chosen as they all lower latency incredibly low.

If concerned with diminishing returns, 100-400$ is the sweet spot.
Pretty steep because they literally are capable of working with any device, some would need adapters for em though.

Last edited:
My old desktop had a i7-3770k processor & 32gb ddr3 memory. When put through heavy usage, FL caused the cpu to spike up to 70 - 80% & memory up to 50 - 60%. I switched to a laptop that has an i7-6700hq processor and 64gb ddr4 memory. Now the cpu usage rarely goes over 20% and the memory usage 15 - 20%.

I don't use teh Farty Loopz but you should be able to freeze your VSTs to free up your CPU, what this does is it renders whatever horrible newbie noise they are making as audio that can stream off the hard drive instead, ideally a music computer should have at least two hard drives (one for the system and one for streaming audio) and although connecting hard drives to inside-out noob machines like craptops using protocols such as USB will tax the CPU unnecessarily it might still be advantageous if it works out to be less taxing than driving 9000 VSTs off the CPU.

Last edited:
FL Studio was by no means bad software to use, but it lacked the immersion of a digital modular universe with routing configurations out the ass.
For me this is all that matters lol.

Back