Software or tool to calculate tempo deviations of a recording?

Pietjepuck

Fellow futureproducers (sorry if this is the wrong section),

I'm looking for some kind of software or DAW tool that is able to calculate for me how far every transient within a recording is deviated from the correct BPM tempo. I know how to do it by hand (in Ableton), by just selecting the space between a transient and it's correct marker spot and look at the duration of that space in ms. However, I want to be able to do it for hundreds of recordings, so I need to make it an automatic process (I'm doing a research on guitar performance for my master thesis).

I hope someone of you knows a tool or some kind software that is able to do this? It would save my year, because otherwise I need to make up a total new research idea (for which there is barely enough time).

Thanks in advance!

Some roland electric drum kits have a 'coach' function which does this with MIDI in real time, possibly you could adapt that? bit of a long shot maybe

Many drummers will now don headphones in the studio (and sometimes even for live performances) and synchronize their playing to an electronic metronome – the click track. This allows for easier digital editing of the recording. Since all of the measures are of equal duration, it is easy to move measures or phrases around without worry that the timing may be off. The click track has a down side – some say that songs recorded against a click track sound sterile, that the missing tempo deviations added life to a song.

Back